BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   Having difficulty connecting to internet on 7130e (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/41215-having-difficulty-connecting-internet-7130e.html)

bonddm 07-17-2006 08:39 PM

Having difficulty connecting to internet on 7130e
 
Every time I try to connect to the internet on this phone I get the message that "my device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries."

I've tried everything from re-registering the device to going through tech support (no help there) and provisioning the device. What else can I do. Has anyone else had similar problems. Please help.

finch 07-17-2006 09:38 PM

Basics, do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?

bonddm 07-17-2006 09:43 PM

yes

bonddm 07-17-2006 09:48 PM

well this is what is on my plan details exactly:

PCS VISION - BLACKBERRY UNLIMITED PACK

Not sure if that is a data plan or not...

bonddm 07-18-2006 07:00 AM

any help?

baconismidog 07-18-2006 11:11 AM

push *22899 and send it as if it was a phone call. That will do it.

bonddm 07-18-2006 11:58 AM

thanks for the help but that didn't work either...

baconismidog 07-18-2006 02:09 PM

did you see activation completed and hear three beeps?

gcaz 07-18-2006 03:04 PM

Also, you could try logging in to http://sprint.blackberry.com (or https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html/) and pushing your service books to your handheld. That can fix some problems.

bonddm 07-18-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconismidog
push *22899 and send it as if it was a phone call. That will do it.


I dialed that and it tells me that the call failed.

bonddm 07-18-2006 04:34 PM

I tried sending service books as well...isn't there a number to dial that begins ## that allows you to configure your device?

d_fisher 07-18-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonddm
I dialed that and it tells me that the call failed.

Listen to the message and call the number it tells you to call. The tech will be able to manually activate your device.

bonddm 07-18-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_fisher
Listen to the message and call the number it tells you to call. The tech will be able to manually activate your device.

It just says call failed and a disconnected sound beeps three times and that is it. There is no recording or anyone saying anything...thanks for trying to help.

dbregman 07-18-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonddm
It just says call failed and a disconnected sound beeps three times and that is it. There is no recording or anyone saying anything...thanks for trying to help.


Have you tried just *288 then option 2? This should update the PRL.

Also what type of connection are you getting? Are you getting a data connection?

It could be that Sprint's system is out of sync and they need to manually change something at their end. You may have to call and ask for a data tech.

gcaz 07-18-2006 05:14 PM

I think the Sprint BlackBerry team can be reached at 877-654-9111 option 2.

gcaz 07-18-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbregman
Have you tried just *288 then option 2? This should update the PRL.

When I dial that I get an error that "The number or code you dialed is incorrect."

Morkie 07-18-2006 06:59 PM

some info
 
I have some info on this but it's not official at all. I got a 7130e today from corporate in the mail to test and play with but immediately noticed I could call but data was not working right at all. I could SMS, but thats it.

I found out from our Sprint rep 2nd hand that they were having 'provisioning issues' with their EVD0 network. Users at my company that have had the device for about 4-6 weeks were fine, any new users were not.

They advised me basically to wait until tomorrow, then if it didn't work still - use the start provisioning option to re register the device...if still not, to call in the morning.

So you're not alone, and I have no idea how sound that information is, but I hope it at least gives you santiy!

Regards,

Morkie
AIM: Morkie8 if you want to compare notes

bonddm 07-18-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morkie
I have some info on this but it's not official at all. I got a 7130e today from corporate in the mail to test and play with but immediately noticed I could call but data was not working right at all. I could SMS, but thats it.

I found out from our Sprint rep 2nd hand that they were having 'provisioning issues' with their EVD0 network. Users at my company that have had the device for about 4-6 weeks were fine, any new users were not.

They advised me basically to wait until tomorrow, then if it didn't work still - use the start provisioning option to re register the device...if still not, to call in the morning.

So you're not alone, and I have no idea how sound that information is, but I hope it at least gives you santiy!

Regards,

Morkie
AIM: Morkie8 if you want to compare notes

Thanks...man that gives me a bit of peace of mind. That's exactly what they told me. The problem is on their end and not the user's. Thanks for the responses.

Morkie 07-19-2006 12:06 PM

fixed
 
It's fixed, you may need to call and have them manually reprovision you though, good luck!

- Morkie

bonddm 07-20-2006 07:49 PM

I thought the issue would be resolved by follwing Morkie's advice but instead the issue is still the same. I'm not sure what is wrong except for that the message tells me my browser needs service book entries.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.