OK, so I'm a total newbie to the world of the BlackBerry 8700c that I just got. Of course, I have searched this forum extensively prior to posting this message. It seems as though there are messages all over the place saying that this topic has "already been covered", but I never find the original thread, so I'm going to ask at the risk of getting bashed:
How do you completely uninstall an app, from the 8700c, without leaving any trace of prior configurations or "leftover files"?
Here's the scoop:
1. I bought, and registered IM+.
2. In trying to figure out the setup, I installed and uninstalled both the REGULAR and WAP versions of IM+ to my blackberry, using the windows desktop installer, perhaps 6 times before I finally figured out the proper way to configure TCP for the blackberry.
3. Now that I've got TCP configured properly (other apps are responding to it just fine), I reinstalled IM+ (regular version) to my blackberry.
4. When I launch IM+, all I get is the IM+ welcome screen. Then, the blackberry becomes totally unresponsive. The little green light on top keeps flashing, but the blackberry remains totally stuck on the IM+ welcome screen. If I do the three-key reset, the blackberry will indeed reset, but it comes back on with a totally white screen. The system will not go beyond the totally white screen.
5. The only way to get the blackberry back to life is to connect it to the USB cable, invoke the desktop software, and uninstall IM+. At which point the blackberry goes back to operating normally.
6. I have repeated steps 3 through 5 above, perhaps three times, all with the same result.
So, before I totally wipe my system and reinstall the O.S., I must ask: Is there any way to "completely" uninstall IM+, so I may do a fresh install, erasing whatever leftover configuration is on my blackberry .... obviously, something has been messed up.
I apologize for not resolving this question through "search"...I have been searching for over a day on this message board before doing this post, I promise I have invested minimum 4-5 hours trying to resolve this prior to posting....I would like to be a good citizen here.
and of course thanks in advance for any replies.