Originally Posted by spurlockcrew
Okay, I opened up my phone and now what? Do I just let it dry under a lamp?? I have heard that you can put it in the oven and bake at a low setting but my oven does not go that low. Is a fan and lamp sufficient??
Agreed, just let it dry, and avoid the temptation to use it for a day or so. It is not the water that will ruin it, it is the water plus the voltage going through it when it is wet that will kill it. So leave the battery out of it for a day or so. Be patient
My daughters cell phone got wet when a bottle of water spilled on it in her back pack. We pulled the battery out and let it sit for a day or so with it open (battery door off) and then we put the battery back in and it has been working for months now with no problems. A fan or a lamp might help. What I actually did with her phone is sat it on a 21 inch computr monitor (not flat panel) since there is some heat that radiates out of it. So a fan or some gentle heat will help it dry out faster.
Then when you get it working again, get yourself a good holster or something to protect it from getting wet again.