08-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Join Date: Dec 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was able to find the solution myself and hopefully this will help people in the future.
1) Go to the Nextel Blackberry Page: nextel.com/blackberry
2) Under "Software & Upgrades" click on the "Software Updates for BlackBerry 7520 and 7100i" link
3) Download & Install the latest software to your PC
4) Connect your 7100i to your PC & Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
5) Select "Application Loader"
6) The wizard will open and under "Supplemental SureType Wordlist" there is a Spanish checkbox. Check it.
7) Click "Next" and the Spanish dictionary will be loaded on to the device.
8) 7100i will reboot...it may take a few minutes.
To confirm the Spanish dictionary loaded, on the 7100i do the following:
1) Select "Options"
2) Select "Language"
3) Next to the "Language:" the "english (United States)" will be highlighted. Click the track wheel and select "Change Option"
4) A list appears and the "español" option should be there. If it isn't..no idea why not and either try again or call Nextel.
These directions will most likely work with other BlackBerry models (it did with my 7105)
VERY IMPORTANT: Not all carriers (i.e. T-mobile as of the time of this note) include multi-languages in their software releases. Without the inclusion by the carriers, the directions above are worthless.