08-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | 7100T / IM by OZ - Resolution / Signon - SMS Return Msg
Please Login to Remove!
(Sorry for the cryptic topic message, wanted to capure the problem in the title)
If you are trying to use your 7100T with IM - Powered by OZ, I just got off the phone with T-Mobile Support with the problem resolved.
Root Problem: Signing on to AIM / Yahoo / MSN and the status would go to 20% and icon was doing something (AIM guy running, MSN spinning). At this point you would get an SMS message from 4670 indicating some type of status message.
Here is what you need to do.
1. Reboot device by removing battery and replacing.
2. Goto Tools > Settings > SMS.
2.1 Check "Network To Send Over" is set for GSM.
3. Goto Tools > Settings > Security > Firewall.
3.1 Check "Status" is set to enabled.
3.2 Click Trackwheel and select "Reset Settings" then close.
4. Reboot device by removing battery and replacing.
5. You will be presented with about 3-4 security boxes asking to allow connections to various ports or services.
5.1 Checkmark any boxes to "Don't ask for ..." prompts
5.2 Scrolldown and click on "Allow Connection"
You should then be able to logon to IM.
PIN: 23E23179 - T-MO - Pearl 8100 - Retired
Android G1 - T-MO