BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   Filtering mail with BIS (T-mobile) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/45093-filtering-mail-bis-t-mobile.html)

Blaziniflo 08-28-2006 02:54 PM

Filtering mail with BIS (T-mobile)
 
I can't figure out how to use the filters. The problem is I want to filter out junkmail. I'm using apple mail and I have it filtered there pretty good and it goes directly to my junk mail folder. The problem is all my junkmail folder contents are being forwarded to my BB and it's very annoying. HELP!!!

BERDucky 08-29-2006 03:23 PM

sign into T-Mobile and set up filters on your BIS account
you need to set up indvidual filters for all your email accounts

Blaziniflo 08-31-2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERDucky
sign into T-Mobile and set up filters on your BIS account
you need to set up indvidual filters for all your email accounts

I don't know how to use the filters. Any suggestions? BIS support at Tmobile didn't know. I'll try contacting BB techs

jeevessnsv 08-31-2006 04:07 PM

It's pretty simple. Log in to T-Mobile, click the "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email" link, then click filters. Add filter. Click the circled-question-marks on the filter screen to get decent help. Basically you just tell it where to look for what text, and then what to do with the message if it finds it.

Blaziniflo 09-03-2006 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeevessnsv
It's pretty simple. Log in to T-Mobile, click the "Set Up Blackberry Internet Email" link, then click filters. Add filter. Click the circled-question-marks on the filter screen to get decent help. Basically you just tell it where to look for what text, and then what to do with the message if it finds it.

okay i'm on apple mail. I have all my junkmail directed to my junkmail folder. I've basically spent 6months labeling messages as junk to get it to filter out correctly. It's not as simple as looking for some specific term in the header or to and from lines. Can anyone give me a BB tech number? T-mobile techs don't know ****.

JerryD 09-03-2006 06:30 AM

If apple mail doesn't have built in junk mail filters that will also filter junk mail from a POP connection, I'd suggest switching to GMail or Yhaoo mail. Gmail does an excellent job of filtering spam. I have a Yahoo Mail Plus account, so I'm not absolutely sure if it works with their free accounts, although I'm sure if you search the forums you can find out.

BERDucky 09-03-2006 11:17 AM

sign into your T-mobile account and set up filters for each of your email accounts as follows:

1) set the default to NOT forward to handheld
2) create a filter set up so that if your email is in the "to" field to forward to your handheld
3) create a filter that if your email is in the "cc" field to forward to your handheld

this should stop most of the spam
and anything that isn't stopped you can set up a filter for based on the email address

Blaziniflo 09-03-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERDucky
sign into your T-mobile account and set up filters for each of your email accounts as follows:

1) set the default to NOT forward to handheld
2) create a filter set up so that if your email is in the "to" field to forward to your handheld
3) create a filter that if your email is in the "cc" field to forward to your handheld

this should stop most of the spam
and anything that isn't stopped you can set up a filter for based on the email address

if I set up a filter that if my email is in the "to" field, wouldn't any junkmail sent to me be forwarded to my handheld? I'm confused by this.

BERDucky 09-04-2006 10:52 AM

no - i don't get any spam (or at least very little; like 1 a month) w/ this
most spam doesn't have your email address in the to field - don't ask me how you get it cause i don't know - but by blocking email that wasn't sent directly to you, you won't get the spam

rambo47 09-04-2006 11:49 AM

With my Apple mail account I set up a filter to put everything from someone not in my address book to go right into the Junk folder and to mark it as read. Periodically I give it a scan to see if there are any names I want to add to my address book, then select all and bounce to sender.

Blaziniflo 09-04-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47
With my Apple mail account I set up a filter to put everything from someone not in my address book to go right into the Junk folder and to mark it as read. Periodically I give it a scan to see if there are any names I want to add to my address book, then select all and bounce to sender.

how did you go about filtering so your junk mail doesn't get forwarded to your bb?

Blaziniflo 09-26-2006 06:10 AM

anyone?

takeshi 09-26-2006 07:57 AM

I really don't recommend using the BIS filters to filter spam. You canmake it work but it's going to be frustrating and nowhere near as good as a third party solution. Your best bet is to have an email account with spam filtering and have it forward to your BB or integrate via BIS.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.