BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   New 8703e case with magnetic or button strap ? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/49676-new-8703e-case-magnetic-button-strap.html)

r1man1963 10-05-2006 06:05 PM

New 8703e case with magnetic or button strap ?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Regarding the new case that was supposedly released today by RIM, does anyone know if the strap is a magnetic closure or a snap closure ?

whsbuss 10-05-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1man1963
Regarding the new case that was supposedly released today by RIM, does anyone know if the strap is a magnetic closure or a snap closure ?

I believe its a magnetic clasp. And its to be released tomorrow 10/6/06

r1man1963 10-06-2006 05:50 AM

hey thanks, anyone defninite on this ??

illy 10-06-2006 06:58 AM

...

whsbuss 10-06-2006 02:25 PM

Update
 
Just checked shopblackberry.com and this case has been delayed until Nov. 9, 2006. Figures as I was ready to place an order.

VVoopie 10-06-2006 08:27 PM

I was able to find a few of these on ebay if you do a search for "oem blackberry 8700c leather". They have the pitch black and pearl white models that should in theory fit the 8703e. I just purchased a pitch black and will let you know if the person actually has these in hand, or if I'm going to have to wait until Nov 9th to get it. Wish me luck.

whsbuss 10-07-2006 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVoopie
I was able to find a few of these on ebay if you do a search for "oem blackberry 8700c leather". They have the pitch black and pearl white models that should in theory fit the 8703e. I just purchased a pitch black and will let you know if the person actually has these in hand, or if I'm going to have to wait until Nav 9th to get it. Wish me luck.

Thanks. Let us know.

VVoopie 10-24-2006 05:11 PM

I just wanted to let you know I received my holster last week and it's awesome. There is a magnetic clasp that closes easily over my 8700c and it fits perfectly, leaving the trackwheel, USB Charger, Headphone Jack, mute and power button accessible. The clip on the holster swivels 180 degrees and the leather is really soft. My phone also goes into holster mode when I put it in face in or out. If for some strange reason you wanted to put the phone in top down, it does not go into holster mode so don't do this.

Any other questions let me know

r1man1963 10-24-2006 06:28 PM

Hey thanks for giving us that info. Another question, I ordered the RIM leather case for the 8703e which also has a magnetic clasp but I do not like the fact that the LED and charging port are covered up. From the picture I saw of the one you ordered I did not like the look of the belt clip since it does not appear to be the standard RIM one, it looks much thinner a clip, thinking it may keep rotating around on your belt. Any more info. on that would be great. Thanks

VVoopie 10-25-2006 01:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have included some pictures (if BBforums lets me attach with my low post rate) and as you mentioned the clip is thinner than the OEM RIM model. The clip does "click" to keep your BB in place the same as the RIM and the clip grips very well. I had a similar Verizon model for my 7130e and it worked well. I have had no issues with movement since I got it. I like the Blackberry logo on the front too. Let me know if that answered your question.

Stinsonddog 10-25-2006 01:58 PM

For those of you that like a swivel clip instead of the RIM ratcheting one, I recommend you check out our sponsor Leather PDA cases, PDA case - Stylish Elegant Functional leather PDA cases and handheld cases by Fortte..

Stinsonddog 10-25-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVoopie
I have included some pictures (if BBforums lets me attach with my low post rate) and as you mentioned the clip is thinner than the OEM RIM model. The clip does "click" to keep your BB in place the same as the RIM and the clip grips very well. I had a similar Verizon model for my 7130e and it worked well. I have had no issues with movement since I got it. I like the Blackberry logo on the front too. Let me know if that answered your question.


Curious why you have your BB facing out. It should be in so the screen in protected by the case should it not?

VVoopie 10-25-2006 02:19 PM

agreed... just in the heat of the moment to take a picture

whsbuss 10-25-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1man1963
Hey thanks for giving us that info. Another question, I ordered the RIM leather case for the 8703e which also has a magnetic clasp but I do not like the fact that the LED and charging port are covered up. From the picture I saw of the one you ordered I did not like the look of the belt clip since it does not appear to be the standard RIM one, it looks much thinner a clip, thinking it may keep rotating around on your belt. Any more info. on that would be great. Thanks

Just received my LambSkin case from BBDen.com today. Its a bit tight because its new but I really like the size, soft leather feel, and clip. What I really like so far is the speaker is not as muted as the leather OEM case with the full flap. I can also see the LED without having to open the flap/clip.

It does stick out A WEE BIT more on my belt. Its because the belp clip has a semi-round back vs. the flat-backed clip on the leather OEM case. Now that cold temps are here and I usually wear sweats or sweaters the opened top should not be a problem with accidental nicks.

Well worth the $24.95 (plus 10% discount from BBDen.com - good thru 10/31/06). I would definately recommend this case.

No Longer Registered. 10-25-2006 08:36 PM

I have all the colors of this holster and its Tote version on ebay selling at $16.95.

Anyway, as for how I place my BB inside .. I'm like VVoopie, facing outside. If Stinsonddog had not mentioned it, it would not dawn on me that I was actually exposing my screen. I guess it looks so good with this holster, I didn't care. Since I sell them, I just have to have them too. Perfect as an accessory.. can now match with what shoes or my top I'm wearing that day.




b1g b3n 10-28-2006 05:26 PM

i dig the black lambskin case but i'm not too wild about the contrasted stitching. might have to just take a permanent black marker to the stitches.

jdposhkus 10-28-2006 10:46 PM

lol me too...sharpie'd the thing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.