BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
theveep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default email stopped!

Please Login to Remove!

Today at around 5am when I awoke my email was no longer working... the last message I received was at 3:30am. I've tried removing the battery, re sending the service books but I just can't seem to get it going! Anyone have any suggestions or advice? I hate calling Sprint and would rather try here first!

Thanks!

Sprint 7130e with the latest software
Offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
fizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 9630
OS: 4.7.1.57
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 494
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is there an email you were expecting between 3:30 and 5 am??
which email are you referring to, from your sprint.blackberry.com accout or another account?
__________________
ThEmEs, WaLlPaPeRs & RiNgERs, Click HERE
-FiZZ*
7130e, then 8703e, 8830, 8330, now 9630/Tour via Sprint
Offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
theveep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz
is there an email you were expecting between 3:30 and 5 am??
which email are you referring to, from your sprint.blackberry.com accout or another account?
Not one in particular, I get a lot of email. I have my business email forwarded to my sprint.blackberry.net. Two others in the office do the same thing and their email is working fine.

Thanks
Offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
fizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 9630
OS: 4.7.1.57
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 494
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

it does happen with sprint but rarely these days that i've observed. just keep trying to send your service books and rebooting by removing the battery, not necessarily in that order.
__________________
ThEmEs, WaLlPaPeRs & RiNgERs, Click HERE
-FiZZ*
7130e, then 8703e, 8830, 8330, now 9630/Tour via Sprint
Offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
theveep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz
it does happen with sprint but rarely these days that i've observed. just keep trying to send your service books and rebooting by removing the battery, not necessarily in that order.
Thanks fizz, I'll give that a try.
Offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
archer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California, USA
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 1,105
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had the same thing happen (email stopped) today. I'm using Cingular as my service provider and a BlackBerry 7130c.

When mine stopped I called tech support. They suggested all the things that are described in the prior posts here. Then after that failed to fix the problem I asked to have the call escalated.

The supervisor was much more knowledable, he asked me a few questions and immediately asked me if I would mind if he put me on hold. After just a few minutes he was back and so was my email. He did a reset procedure of my account on his end and that fixed it.

Hope this helps...
Offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Model: 7100V
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Clear via desktop manager + Selective restore

Veep,
Check your servicebooks and make sure the mobile email (CMIME) service is available.
If it is not available try the following:

1. Clear your service book by going into your application loader>click advanced>servicebook>Clear
2. Reboot your phone
3. Do a selected restore of the service book from one of your latest backups by Opening file>select your latest backup file. Then select the servicebook from your backup and restore it to your phone.
4. Reboot your phone and see if your service book is up to date with your CMIME service.
5. Resend your complete servicebook again (which will add any missing services)
Offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
theveep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by raklerks
Veep,
Check your servicebooks and make sure the mobile email (CMIME) service is available.
If it is not available try the following:

1. Clear your service book by going into your application loader>click advanced>servicebook>Clear
2. Reboot your phone
3. Do a selected restore of the service book from one of your latest backups by Opening file>select your latest backup file. Then select the servicebook from your backup and restore it to your phone.
4. Reboot your phone and see if your service book is up to date with your CMIME service.
5. Resend your complete servicebook again (which will add any missing services)
Thanks for the great support! Got my email back and all is working perfectly once again in the land of BlackBerry!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.