How odd. I bought a T-Mobile 8700g on Thursday the 21st of December. One of the first things I d/led OTA was Opera Mini 3.0. My web browsing "style" frequently requires me to have 2 different webpages open at the same time, so for me, having a 2nd browser on my
is something I consider a necessity. When I tried OM 3.0, I got the can't connect error. But somehow, in the back of my brain, a little light went on and I remembered the TCP settings issue.
So, I went into Options > Advanced Options > TCP and typed in wap.voicestream.com
for the APN. And OM 3.0 has worked beautifully ever since.
To all those having trouble getting it to work, I wish you luck. It should be very easy to fix the problem. Not sure why the solution isn't working in this case.