Originally Posted by alkos333
Are you using a CVS version or a tarball version?
How did you set up your XmBlackBerry to do backup/restore at least? When I run my XmBlackBerry and plug in my device, nothing happens. I do I make XmBlackBerry recognize my BlackBerry?
In XmBlackBerry, when I click on options, the terminal immediately prints:
XmBlackBerry.c:OptionPopupCallback(995) - GPRS modem device Not available
I used the tarballs from xmblackberry.sourceforge.net. I have compiled successfully versions 0.0.0, 0.3.0, 0.4.0(cvs), but 0.3.0 works the best so far. The latest cvs (0.4.0) version works, but its buggy and doesn't work with the opensync plugin.
I didn't do anything special in setting up xmblackberry to do backups/restores. I just ran the binary as is, with one exception: suid root, so I don't have to run sudo nor encounter usb permission issues in udev. Moreover the opensync plugin works with version 0.3.0 as well so syncing with the laptop should work, if I can get it to sync with Thunderbird - not Evolution (too bloated for my tastes), then I'm golden, almost. If only the modem script would work so I can tether...... it's 95% of the way there but something is missing, I just don't know what.