BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: 8800
Carrier: KPN
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Automatic opening of messages: STOP

Please Login to Remove!

When I receive a message and my BB is inside the holster, when I take the BB out, the message automatically opens itself. How can I avoid this? just would like to open the message when I want.

Thanks.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tbdiscovery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marcus Hook / Philadelphia , PA
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 323
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try going into your phone profile, rather than options. Check to see what you have it set to when a new message comes in. Change it to none.
__________________
"War protects the people from the corruption which an everlasting peace would bring upon it."
-GWF Hegel
Offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Dont pull the unit out of the holster immediatly give it a few seconds then pull it out.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: 8800
Carrier: KPN
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Dont pull the unit out of the holster immediatly give it a few seconds then pull it out.

I checked both advises but I still have the problem and it is new.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700G
Posts: 555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forpascal
When I receive a message and my BB is inside the holster, when I take the BB out, the message automatically opens itself. How can I avoid this? just would like to open the message when I want.

Thanks.
The 'auto-open feature' is controlled by the operating system, and cannot be adjusted. If you wait for ~30 seconds to pull the BB out of the holster after you are notified of new email, it will not auto-open the new mail. No other known way around this. Hope that helps.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: 8800
Carrier: KPN
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
The 'auto-open feature' is controlled by the operating system, and cannot be adjusted. If you wait for ~30 seconds to pull the BB out of the holster after you are notified of new email, it will not auto-open the new mail. No other known way around this. Hope that helps.
I think that this is the right answer. effectivelly only the messages that I just received are automatically opened. If I wait they don't.

Thanks for this answer.
Offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tbdiscovery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Marcus Hook / Philadelphia , PA
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 323
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

But isn't that only if you set it to notify you of new messages? I have my phone entirely quiet, except for level one, and I never open to a new message.
__________________
"War protects the people from the corruption which an everlasting peace would bring upon it."
-GWF Hegel
Offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Grumpy Moderator
 
NJBlackBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Model: i5s
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 27,773
Post Thanks: 32
Thanked 439 Times in 379 Posts
Default

tbdiscovery - the other threads are right. The only way to STOP the auto open is to wait 20-30 seconds after the message comes in and then remove it from the holster. That's the way it has always worked.
Offline  
Old 12-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
tbdiscovery - the other threads are right. The only way to STOP the auto open is to wait 20-30 seconds after the message comes in and then remove it from the holster. That's the way it has always worked.

When I am getting a call, I want to see who it is before I answer, but by the time I pull out of the holster, the phone automatically answers the call.

(Note: I have auto-answer set to "never" instead of "out of holster")
Offline  
Old 12-29-2006, 01:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,667
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 84 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxllxol
When I am getting a call, I want to see who it is before I answer, but by the time I pull out of the holster, the phone automatically answers the call.

(Note: I have auto-answer set to "never" instead of "out of holster")
I would try a different holster.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.