Originally Posted by RobertDuke23
I just added a verizon 8703e to my family share plan where I also have a razor v3m. I am curious about 3 things on the bb:
1. I've read a lot about AIM chat clients, etc. Is there a single definitive best choice for dedicated AIM users?
2. I have backup assistant on my razor. is there any way to transfer my contacts from the razor to the bb, either over the air or through my laptop?
Does get it now exist on verizon blackberries?
3. I have 2 email accounts set up: a school email account and a gmail account? there seems to be a delay of up to an hour receiving messages that have already come in on the computer. Is there any way to fix this? I have decent service where I am right now, so I dont think thats the issue.
Sorry if these questions are very dumb, I'm new at this. feel free to PM me the answers if their inclusion would defame the quality of this board. thanks for having me!
1. Best AIM client: Ramble IM...using data up instead of text messaging like most IM clients...so no extra charge for a text messaging plan if you don't want one.
2. The BB should've come w/ a CD and on it should be a program (hopefully you have a PC) and in that program should be a backup/restore feature.
3. Verizon should have (i think) some type of Blackberry Internet service site you can use to register emails addresses like gmail so that the email is sent directly to the BB....if its not working right ask Verizon data support.