1. Download and install Desktop Manager 4.2 from here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
(Be sure that the BB is not connected during install.)
2. Download and install to your PC, the latest OS for your device from here: Latest Operating System Available For Each Blackberry Device
3. Delete the file "vendor.xml" located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.
4. On your PC, install JL_CMDER, located here: (http://www.blackberryforums.com/atta...der-v1.8.3.zip
) Connect the device and use iJL_CMDER to wipe the device. Be sure that Desktop Manager isn't running when using JL_CMDER. When finished your device should display a 507 error.
5. Open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader. The Desktop Manager should then detect the device and load the new OS.
That should give you a clean, out-of-the-box device.