BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   T-mobile upgrade any good? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/61346-t-mobile-upgrade-any-good.html)

sytema 01-14-2007 07:35 PM

T-mobile upgrade any good?
 
hello everyone!! i recently got a bb and i wanted to upgrade the software on the phone. i saw that t mobile has an upgrade for the phone and my cousin had told me that the t mobile upgrade had a problem and to ask around before and upgrade the phone with that software from tmobile.. now the question is does anyone knows if the software upgrade for the 8700g blackberry is good?? any problems?? thanx

mymitsu3kgt 01-14-2007 09:24 PM

You should state the specifics. Are you talking about the new .346? If so, in my opinion, that OS is garbage. I heard it limits your tethering speeds and navagating is very slow going through the menus. You'd be much better off to stay with .284 and then use the instructions on this forum to unlock the Zen theme. I upgraded and then switched back myself.

sytema 01-15-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt
You should state the specifics. Are you talking about the new .346? If so, in my opinion, that OS is garbage. I heard it limits your tethering speeds and navagating is very slow going through the menus. You'd be much better off to stay with .284 and then use the instructions on this forum to unlock the Zen theme. I upgraded and then switched back myself.


well yeah the .346. my cousin updated my phone to the .351 and add it some games and programs but i started to delete the games cuz i didn't like the games, and now i get an java error on the phone sometimes..i just want to be able to get that error of my phone.

flash24 01-15-2007 12:08 AM

go with bharti or the newest cingular OS

sytema 01-15-2007 12:09 AM

i'm getting this error now. Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error any ideas

sytema 01-15-2007 12:10 AM

how do i do that. how is the cingular one

nicomachan 01-17-2007 02:40 AM

mymit - i upgraded to the .346. I do not have any of the issue regarding navigation. but damn if you aren't corrected on that tethered modem. any idea of a fix to that my data transmission went down the crapper. where's the .351? I'm on tmo and haven't seen that one any specs on .351?

mymitsu3kgt 01-17-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicomachan
mymit - i upgraded to the .346. I do not have any of the issue regarding navigation. but damn if you aren't corrected on that tethered modem. any idea of a fix to that my data transmission went down the crapper. where's the .351? I'm on tmo and haven't seen that one any specs on .351?

I don't believe there's any way to fix that, it was specifically blocked by RIM or Tmobile. I don't think there's any reason to go with the Cingular OS. Each service provider specifically releases their own OS version for a reason like fine tuning the radio code. I found there was no reason to not use .284 once you unlock the Zen theme, it works perfectly.

VickyPaz 01-17-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt
I don't believe there's any way to fix that, it was specifically blocked by RIM or Tmobile. I don't think there's any reason to go with the Cingular OS. Each service provider specifically releases their own OS version for a reason like fine tuning the radio code. I found there was no reason to not use .284 once you unlock the Zen theme, it works perfectly.

Yeah and the Zen theme on the new OS with TM doesn't even work right, the icons for bbmessenger and voice mail don't work. However, I have upgraded to the new software (I was sort of encouraged too because of a continual problem I was having on my bbs) and have not seen any problems so far (with fingers crossed)

c3po25 01-19-2007 10:51 AM

the .346 from Tmo is not very good at all. many issues with missing icons and the battery drains very fast. and the reception is not very good either. I just switched from .351 to .377 and so far no problems!! I would recommend to install .377 instead(y)

JSanders 01-19-2007 10:55 AM

I have not noticed the probs with .346 missing icons or battery drain, upgraded about 2 weeks ago. Where do I get .377, and what advantages?

VickyPaz 01-20-2007 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3po25
the .346 from Tmo is not very good at all. many issues with missing icons and the battery drains very fast. and the reception is not very good either. I just switched from .351 to .377 and so far no problems!! I would recommend to install .377 instead(y)

Really? I've had the upgrade for a week and have not seen any unusal battery drainage or change in reception. At least not so far. So far, I have seen no real difference than with the older OS. Anyway, that's just me.

mdonders 01-20-2007 05:54 PM

Where can I get the old .284 software from T-mobile. I upgraded to the new one and really didn't like it so if I could find the old OS then I would love to downgrade.

redsoxnation 01-20-2007 06:17 PM

I would also like to know where to get the .377 OS and what benafits it has vs the current TMO OS 346.

howiet222 01-20-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsoxnation
I would also like to know where to get the .377 OS and what benafits it has vs the current TMO OS 346.

My OS .346 works great....but I am always open to upgrading :smile:

shunhsu 01-21-2007 09:19 PM

you can try here for the download of .377

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

I have noticed a big difference in the reception and the clarity in calls, and so have the people that I have called, even when using the buetooth. Battery life is much better now. if you do a search, there's a compiled list of things changed for this upgrade.

mdonders 02-05-2007 07:37 PM

Is there anywhere else to download this from.

I am downloading at 3.3kB/s.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.