01-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Battery Problem?
Please Login to Remove!
I've been playing around with this 8700 trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to work. Let me breakdown my progress.
1. When I got it I plugged it in the led came on and went off, could not get the phone to power on.
2. When I plugged it in without the battery the led flckered and the lcd display came on with a big battery with a red line through it.
3. So, I took it to cingular and the guy put a new battery in it and the phone still did not work. I figured the phone is just busted.
4. I then found some instructions on forums o reinstall the firmware so I tried that. The computer detected the device fine and everything seemed to be working. However, when it tries to reinitialize the device it always errors out. Its like the device shuts itself off somewhere during the process and it cannot come back on. I should note that when I plug in to the PC it detects it then about 15 seconds later I hear that sound notification that an USB device has been unplugged. It cycles like that 3 or 4 times before it finally stops.
5. Well, now when I plug it in to the wall sometimes the led comes on then goes off, but the the lcd display comes on with a large battery with a lightening bolt in the center. It goes off after about 15 seconds and sometimes does it again before shutting off.
6. Also, I no longer get the battery with the red line through it when I plug it in without the batery.
Now, I'm thinking it still could be the battery, I just don't know. I think the system software got loaded, since that step happens before reinitialization, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?