BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
yankee_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: At&t
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default help with address book.

Please Login to Remove!

i searched and can't find the info...

how can i get my address book contacts to copy to my sim card?

i need to load my contacts onto a new phone and when i do all i can get is my sim card #'s.

thanks in advance!

-bp
Offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
mymitsu3kgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Warwick, RI
Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 1,213
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

You have to do it one contact at a time. Open your address book, then open the contact you want to send, click the thumbwheel, and select Copy to SIM. Currently there is no way to copy the entire address book to the SIM.
__________________
T-Mobile Bold 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,686
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 100 Times in 72 Posts
Default

...and you only get one number with one name. Thats it.
Offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Yank, your question was quite vague, you made no mention of the BB models you were using, or transferring the SIM card to. There are better ways to preserve you BB contact list than transferring to the SIM card.
Offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
yankee_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: At&t
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

JSanders...I guess you are right, I was rather vague.

I'm using the 8700C and I want to load my contacts from my internal memory to the sim so they can be loaded to a cingular 8525. A friend of mine has one he gave me and I want to see which phone I like best.

Thanks again

-bp
Offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee_fan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

JSanders...I guess you are right, I was rather vague.

I'm using the 8700C and I want to load my contacts from my internal memory to the sim so they can be loaded to a cingular 8525. A friend of mine has one he gave me and I want to see which phone I like best.

Thanks again

-bp
The 8525 syncs with Outlook so you are in luck. Install the BB desktop software and set up your current device to sync with Outlook. After that you can sync your new device and you are good to go.
Offline  
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
yankee_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: At&t
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt
The 8525 syncs with Outlook so you are in luck. Install the BB desktop software and set up your current device to sync with Outlook. After that you can sync your new device and you are good to go.
thanks i'll give it a shot...i assume i should have my BB overwrite my outlook contacts?
Offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

You can try this trick if you don't want to get them all mixed in and overwrite or combine data ... FIRST on your desktop Outlook, create a new folder under your main folder, name it something like NEW. Then copy or move all your contacts in your MAIN Outlook folder to the NEW folder. Your main Outlook folder should be empty.

Then connect your BB, synch your BB data to the Main Outlook Folder. Then setup, connect and synch your 8525, data in the Outlook folder on your desktop copying to your 8525.

Afterwards, you can put everything back to normal in Outlook by deleting or move the BB data in the Main folder and replacing it with was in the NEW folder, and your Outlook is same as before all your wrangling.
Offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
yankee_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: At&t
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
You can try this trick if you don't want to get them all mixed in and overwrite or combine data ... FIRST on your desktop Outlook, create a new folder under your main folder, name it something like NEW. Then copy or move all your contacts in your MAIN Outlook folder to the NEW folder. Your main Outlook folder should be empty.

Then connect your BB, synch your BB data to the Main Outlook Folder. Then setup, connect and synch your 8525, data in the Outlook folder on your desktop copying to your 8525.

Afterwards, you can put everything back to normal in Outlook by deleting or move the BB data in the Main folder and replacing it with was in the NEW folder, and your Outlook is same as before all your wrangling.
thank you very much JSanders! worked fine so far.

-bp
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.