Blackberry 8800 with mailstreet.com BES and Tmobile service
I first called mailstreet and asked them for a new enterprise activation code. I then purchased 8800 with a line from AT&T and never actually called the contract confirmation number to activate the device or agreed to the terms of the contract. I then contacted Adam at gsmphonesource.com and gave him the IMEI number of the unit. Within minutes of sending him a paypal payment he sent me an unlock code with the following instructions.
Is your code
8800 unlocking info
Can be done without a sim card inserted
1. go to settings
2 go to options
3. go to advanced options
4. go to sim card
5. Type MEPD (not case sensitive) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )
6. Does it say Network active? if so your phone is locked
7. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )
8. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the 16 digit unlock code, press in the trackball to confirm
9. Your phone is now unlocked
I then installed my T-Mobile sim and it automatically started to send T mobile service book with all T-mobile desktop items. All I did next was change the Theme to get rid of all the Cingular Crap and then started to hide Icons that I would never be using. Iím happy to report that the only sign of Cingular is the Logo that is imprinted on the case.
I forgot to mention I went to enterprise activation and entered the three letter code that mailstreet gave me and everything loaded including my old emails that I had in my old 8700. This was not the same case last time I made the original switch to my 8700. It lost the old emails.