BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   BB8800 Handheld Software v4.2.1.109 (Multilanguage) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/65851-bb8800-handheld-software-v4-2-1-109-multilanguage.html)

MrKyoo 02-20-2007 04:13 PM

BB8800 Handheld Software v4.2.1.109 (Multilanguage)
 
Quote:

Package Version: 4.2.1.109
Consisting of:
Applications: 4.2.1.72
Software Platform: 2.3.0.54
File name: 8800M_PBr4.2.1_rel109_PL2.3.0.54_A4.2.1.72_Cingula r.exe
File size: 69.43MB
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

~MrKyoo

ipacmm 02-20-2007 04:15 PM

That was quick, does anyone know to install the update with a Mac?

acnst 02-20-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipacmm
That was quick, does anyone know to install the update with a Mac?

Impossible. You will need a Windows box or an Intel Mac with BootCamp. I am not sure if the update would work using Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

underskybb 02-20-2007 04:24 PM

WOW! Will that invalidate my original setting w/ Cingular if I install it? (I would love to be able to read Chinese on it)
I know it's from Cingular...but will I get to keep all the original setting and apps loaded? how about addresses, wallpaper...etc?

sonydude23 02-20-2007 04:33 PM

Jibi. are you on this?

andrej770 02-20-2007 04:37 PM

Why does Cingular have it listed as a 8800g?? I thought tmo had the exclusive on the "g" and Cingular on the "c" while Verizon and Sprint share the proceeds of the "e", then Rogers has the "r". LOL

acnst 02-20-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrej770
Why does Cingular have it listed as a 8800g?? I thought tmo had the exclusive on the "g" and Cingular on the "c" while Verizon and Sprint share the proceeds of the "e", then Rogers has the "r". LOL

T-Mobile has no exclusivity on the letter g. The g stands for generic.

acnst 02-20-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underskybb
WOW! Will that invalidate my original setting w/ Cingular if I install it? (I would love to be able to read Chinese on it)
I know it's from Cingular...but will I get to keep all the original setting and apps loaded? how about addresses, wallpaper...etc?

You will not benefit from this release as there is usually a separate upgrade which includes Chinese language support. And as far as I know this release is the same with thich the devices were shipped.

underskybb 02-20-2007 04:44 PM

Thanks...So...what did the "multilingual" mean? And who is this 8800g update for?

andrej770 02-20-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acnst
You will not benefit from this release as there is usually a separate upgrade which includes Chinese language support. And as far as I know this release is the same with thich the devices were shipped.


I bought mine today and it shipped with 4.2.1.72

FLIPP_96 02-20-2007 04:49 PM

What is a series 8300?
<!-- T-Mobile filesets -->
<fileset Colour="True" series="8800|8300" Java="1.0" _vendorID="100">

John Clark 02-20-2007 04:53 PM

And because this question will come up next.....

To install this OS make sure the BB is not plugged in and follow these steps:

1. Download and install to your PC Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 from Here

2. Download and install to your PC the OS posted above from Here

3. Delete vendor.xml from your PC's hard drive located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

*Note: Step 3 is not always necessary but ensures that the OS will install on any brand of 8800 (currently Cingular's is all that's available)

4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You will be prompted to upgrade.

bollar 02-20-2007 04:56 PM

This is the version that shipped. Application version on mine is 4.2.1.72 and Platform is 2.3.0.54. So, just to be clear, there's no reason to apply this, because it's the version you already have.

acnst 02-20-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underskybb
Thanks...So...what did the "multilingual" mean? And who is this 8800g update for?

If you are only looking for the Chinese language support, than give it a try. If you get Chinese listed than install it, else you can cancel it without changing anything.

underskybb 02-20-2007 05:37 PM

tried, installed, nothing changed, no chinese.

Pizzle 02-20-2007 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Until Jibi has a chance to update his .alx thread...here's the updated .alx for this software. (attached)

***DISCLAIMER: I don't have an 8800 yet, so I haven't tried this. Use at your own risk :oops: ***

Stinsonddog 02-20-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizzle
Until Jibi has a chance to update his .alx thread...here's the updated .alx for this software. (attached)

***DISCLAIMER: I don't have an 8800 yet, so I haven't tried this. Use at your own risk :oops: ***

Of course it will be interesting to see what other vendor themes are in here? Did you see any of interest?

Pizzle 02-20-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Of course it will be interesting to see what other vendor themes are in here? Did you see any of interest?

Lemme speak slooooowwwwweeeerrrrr...I don't have an 8800 yet. :razz:

likefre 02-20-2007 06:35 PM

Any chance that it would work on an 8703?

John Clark 02-20-2007 06:38 PM

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

None, sorry. Different radio technology as well as different device.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.