Originally Posted by bentley31
i have a 7100g and it displayed the jvm 102 error, i used JL_Cmder to wipe the phone, now i can't get my blackberry connection suite to reinstall the OS onto my phone. when i open the application loader it it doesn't automatically update. is there an .alx file i can use to reinstall the OS?
- Uninstall all BlackBerry software - Desktop Manager, Device Firmware, etc.
- Delete the following directories:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
- C:\Program Files\Research In Motion
- C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\Research In Motion
- Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager - 4.2 SP1. Get it from:
Make sure you leave the installation files in a permanent place - they may be needed for a repair.
- Download and install the latest firmware from your provider. Here's the major players:
- t-Mobile (t-Mobile phone number required)
- Verizon (Verizon phone number required)
- With Desktop Manager running, connect your device. Try to establish the connection with your device by using Options --> Connection Settings from the DM menu, and hit the [Detect] button. Don't worry if it doesn't detect.
- Run the Application Manager. It should detect the device. Just keep hitting [Next]. In the screen with the [Advanced] button, click it and select to NOT back up the device and proceed.
If this doesn't work, try deleting all USB and fake USB devices like pseudo serial ports connected to USB ports and modems that don't exist (DM sets up a Standard Modem) and reboot your computer. Real USB ports will be re-detected and set up. Go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and click the [Change/Remove]
button for BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.1 and select Repair
. Once that's done, try steps 5 and 6 again. If it still doesn't work, it's probably a USB problem - try to find another computer to set up on.