BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
seidioseidio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston
Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Posts: 1,258
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blackberry 8800 extended battery from Seidio

Please Login to Remove!

Seidio is considering to develop the extended battery for Blackberry 8800, if you are interested in this battery, please post here or send an email to [email address]

Seidio
__________________
Seidio
[email address]
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 351
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

definitely interested in. So will this extended battery be bigger in size too?
__________________
http://www.photozo.com/
Digital Photography Forum
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Palm Beach Gardens
Model: 9000
OS: 5.x
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 80
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus
definitely interested in. So will this extended battery be bigger in size too?
How could it not be? If you have taken off the back cover you will see there is no room for anything else period. I just dont understand why anyone needs more battery life than what it has? I don't talk for thousands of minutes but I never have any issues where I need to recharge OR could have used a longer battery. If I did, I probably use the dang thing too much. Plus, the bulging rear door that would be required is a turnoff.
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
dooks88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sarasota, FL
Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 259
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero69
How could it not be? If you have taken off the back cover you will see there is no room for anything else period. I just dont understand why anyone needs more battery life than what it has? I don't talk for thousands of minutes but I never have any issues where I need to recharge OR could have used a longer battery. If I did, I probably use the dang thing too much. Plus, the bulging rear door that would be required is a turnoff.
could of just said not interested...
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
RoadRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Il
Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 738
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Things big enough now!
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
WorldIRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Model: 9900
OS: 5.0.0.0
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 916
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I use GPS / Data a lot..I would go for the battery if an appropriate replacement cover was made!
__________________
Brian Bader
MSN / Email: [email address]
AOL: WorldIRC1986
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
mas90guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Connecticut
Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 655
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I probably would skip an extended battery. I'm just getting tired of having a huge battery cover on the back of an otherwise slender device.

I probably would be interested in a higher capacity but same sized replacement.

I probably would be interested in a drop in charger that utilized the contacts on the side (otherwise my Seidio 8700 desktop charger with the USB plug works just fine).
__________________
http://www.s-consult.com
Schulz Consulting
Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Support and Consulting
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
nimocone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Northern Va.
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 215
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldIRC
I use GPS / Data a lot..I would go for the battery if an appropriate replacement cover was made!

I second that!
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Interested if the battery size stayed the same so it would only be a modest increase.

Dioes not matter much anyway for me, if you are wise you will be making a better battery for the 8300! That is what I will be wearing

The 8800 battery consumption is outstanding. Only people who do not sleep will need something bigger. For those who are teathering, does your laptop not charge your BB while using it?

Last edited by greggebhardt : 03-13-2007 at 05:23 AM.
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 35
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm definetely in for one. Have one for my 8700 and would like to have one for my 8800.
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero69
I just dont understand why anyone needs more battery life than what it has? I don't talk for thousands of minutes but I never have any issues where I need to recharge OR could have used a longer battery. If I did, I probably use the dang thing too much. Plus, the bulging rear door that would be required is a turnoff.
I'm amazed at how many people can't see beyond the tips of their own noses. Plenty of people have needs/wants (and turn ons/turn offs) that you may not have. It's amazing but true... ;)

I don't see the point either as I charge nightly but I don't feel the need (nor do I have the time) to crap on accessories that I have no need for either. I guess YMMV...
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700G
Posts: 555
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
... but I don't feel the need (nor do I have the time) to crap on accessories that I have no need for either.
Yet, you have copious time for doing the same here.
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Palm Beach Gardens
Model: 9000
OS: 5.x
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 80
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
I'm amazed at how many people can't see beyond the tips of their own noses. Plenty of people have needs/wants (and turn ons/turn offs) that you may not have. It's amazing but true... ;)

I don't see the point either as I charge nightly but I don't feel the need (nor do I have the time) to crap on accessories that I have no need for either. I guess YMMV...
I didn't CRAP on anything or anyone. Get your facts straight.
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,679
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 96 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Chill everyone.....
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 970
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Getting back on thread here, I'd probably go for the extended battery as I did with the 7290 and 8700.

Regards-Michael G.
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
seidioseidio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston
Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Posts: 1,258
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

EXtended battery with big size is not for every user. We are considering this product to serve the power users.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
__________________
Seidio
[email address]
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
H3LLFIRE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 100
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Any and all improvements to battery life is welcome in my opinion. I've noticed that using telenav even for relatively short trips tends to burn through the battery pretty quick as the GPS and screen are on the entire time. Carrying a car charger with me isn't usually a great option, so I need the battery to get me through the entire day and then some. As long as the extended battery isn't too large and ruin the form factor of the 8800, I'm all for it.
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
seidioseidio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston
Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Posts: 1,258
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLFIRE
Any and all improvements to battery life is welcome in my opinion. I've noticed that using telenav even for relatively short trips tends to burn through the battery pretty quick as the GPS and screen are on the entire time. Carrying a car charger with me isn't usually a great option, so I need the battery to get me through the entire day and then some. As long as the extended battery isn't too large and ruin the form factor of the 8800, I'm all for it.
Thank you for the feedbacks, we will defineitely take this into consideration when we design them.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
__________________
Seidio
[email address]
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers
Posts: 206
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Thank you for the feedbacks, we will defineitely take this into consideration when we design them.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
dont forget that the 8800 form factor may soon have wifi - which might create a definite need for it.
Offline  
Old 03-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
H3LLFIRE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 100
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Blackberry POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmutzBerry
dont forget that the 8800 form factor may soon have wifi - which might create a definite need for it.
It's possible RIM designed the 8800's battery with the intent that it'd be used to power wifi in a later version. Right now in it's current form (no 3G, no camera, no wifi) the battery seems to be excellent. But other improvements could lead to greater power consumption. I agree with SchmutzBerry, many of us may not have an immediate definite need for an extended battery at the moment, but in a few months this may change big time.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.