BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Syncing problems....

Please Login to Remove!

when i connect my bb to my computer and open desktop manager it just sits there and says working. it never does anything else. i have 4.2 desktop and 4.1 on the BB. any ideas?

thanks
Offline  
Old 03-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

It never goes to "connected" in the bottom of the DM? Do you hear or get notification the BB is connected via USB?

Try uninstalling your DM and re-installing.
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
It never goes to "connected" in the bottom of the DM? Do you hear or get notification the BB is connected via USB?

Try uninstalling your DM and re-installing.
it never goes to connected. just says working. no notification. i uninstalled and reinstalled DM, and still the same problem..
Offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Try this: Make sure your USB from the BB is plugged DIRECTLY into your computer desktop, not a hub or port on the keyboard or monitor, but into a USB port ON the desktop computer. That seems like it may not make a difference, but a couple of years ago I had a problem of my BB not being recognized by Desktop Manager, and I was told to do this, and the problem disappeared.
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
Try this: Make sure your USB from the BB is plugged DIRECTLY into your computer desktop, not a hub or port on the keyboard or monitor, but into a USB port ON the desktop computer. That seems like it may not make a difference, but a couple of years ago I had a problem of my BB not being recognized by Desktop Manager, and I was told to do this, and the problem disappeared.
it is plugged directly in and still the same problem...
Offline  
Old 03-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
careyana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT
Posts: 287
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had this issue yesterday with a device. I had to reboot the computer and after that it connected okay.
__________________
BBs through my history: 957(8MB), 7280, 7290, 8700c
BB Now: 8820
_______________________
Offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyana
I had this issue yesterday with a device. I had to reboot the computer and after that it connected okay.
i tried that and still the same problem... it has been doing this for a couple of months....

any more ideas?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.