I've been having the same problem with a 7290. Not only at sync, but at random times. I went in and checked the set up for the time. I set it at Blackberry, and it changed after I had it update the time. I set it to network, and it doesn nothing. On the bottom portion of the screen, it listed the correct time for the network, just wouldn't apply to the device. I'm updating the file now, so we'll see what works.
When I update with the time change patch it showed an hour later on my appointments. I sync'ed and fumed but no change. Then I removed my battery and when it rebooted it was fine. Everything was correct in my appointments.