Originally Posted by skmiller
wcberry: I have run across this at my company when trying to synch certain end-users blackberrys with outlook. The problem is not the amount of contacts, however, it is the data fields within the contacts that are causing the problem.
1. In outlook go to your contacts
2. Click view->arrangeby->current view->By Category.
3. Right click Full Name in the field bar and select Field Choser.
4. In the field choser pop-up box click on the first name field and drag and drop this up next to full name.
5. Once First name is shown as a field, click on it to sort all your contacts by first name.
6. Any contact which does not have a first name you must type in a first name in this field.
7. Try to resynch and you should not have anymore problems.
We have run across this error numereous times at my company, this has fixed it every time. On average end-users at my company have over 1000 contacts on their 8700 and 8800's. I just recently upgraded someone to 8800 who has 4600 contacts in Outlook.
If this still does not work check to make sure that your outlook mail profile is not set to use cached exchange mode. For some reason this also generates an error message when synching bberry. As a work around we create a second mail profile without cached exchange mode and set BB Desktop Manager to open with this profile and Outlook to use the profile with Cached Exchange.
This was the problem. I had about 5 contacts without first names. Once I filled in first names for those contacts, the transfer went without a problem. Strange that the 8700 worked without having to do this.
Thanks for your prompt and correct reply.