After messing around for 45min and searching several post I finally was able to get bbWeather 0.74to work on my 8800. I thought I would save others the frustration and pull what I learned together in one post.
If you haven’t already you can download bbWeather here:
Over The Air Wireless Link: blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/bbweather-0.74/BBWeather.jad
email this link to your 8800 and select link in the email]
When you open bbWeather for the first time it most likely will give you an error that says: “Error. No Weather Profiles specified”. If you hit the menu button to enter your profiles it will crash and freeze your 8800. Here’s what to do:
If you’re crashed (frozen) reboot your 8800 (hold the off button down for several seconds or remove and replace the battery).
Follow these instructions exactly:
1. Re-launce bbWeather when you see : “Error. No Weather Profiles specified” DO NOT hit the menu button.
2. Click on the trackball to select ok. DO NOT hit on the menu button.
3. Now click the trackball again… the menu you’re looking for will appear.
4. Select "Options" and add your weather information; Location ID: [your zip], description e.g., [your town, state], select “Disable MDS Proxy”, save.
5. Bada-Bing you should now have bbWeather up and running. Note: at this point you can now use the menu button whenever you want without fear of locking the program up.