Serious WAP Problems on 8800
I have an 8800 on BES and using Cingular. After 3 days of flawless use, suddenly WAP stopped working. I have confirmed with Cingular that my WAP settings are set up and correctly both on the device (wap.cingular; ; CINGULAR1) and on the network (in fact, I had them reset them on the network). I have also confirmed that our IT Policy does not block WAP access and had them reload that as well. All to no avail.
I am at a complete loss here and am desperate for some help as I need WAP access to view email attachments in a way that makes some sense.
Thanks in advance.
Incidnetally, by "stopped working", I mean now every time I use an application that uses WAP access (i.e. Opera Mini, Beamberry, etc.), it either hangs on "connecting" or it says "local connection timed out" or it says "cannot find server".
Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier.
Sorry if this sounds rudimentary, but have you given it the ole "hard reset"?
Sometimes, it just needs to re-register with the network and it will clear up some problems.
Sounds like you took care of what would've been the normal suggestions. Not sure what else the problem is.
Yes. I did that (actually, I've done that probably 10 times in the last day at various points trying to get this fixed). Cingular just re-sent the service books and because their "MEdia Net Browser" is working, they've pretty much washed their hands of me and said that the WAP content is working fine. The problem is that Beamberry says it "cannot connect to server" (and sometimes it times out), Opera Mini just hands on "connecting", and JiveSlide also now times out when it's trying to verify the connection.
I am at a complete loss here...and am getting no help from my IT Dept. or Cingular!
register for live tech help online...trying to call cingular and finding the right person to help you will take many tries. After logining in the chat room. Pretty state that you have a data plan and your device will not connect to anything that is WAP access. the tech will take care of it. so far has worked for me the 2 times i needed it done.
Your account is probably missing a simple line that enables WAP access in it that sometimes will get over looked when being setup.
takes a few min and best part you are not put on hold.
Wirelessly posted (9900: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)
Doesn't make sense if the Wap browser is working. But if you are on BES that may be part of it. Try deleting the wap settings and make sure all of the BES functions including MDS are working. You shouldn't need APN/TCP with that.
Thanks to all for your responses. As an FYI, I *think* we've determined that it's not a problem with the WAP settings, but rather is a problem with MDS and the IT Policy. They think that the fact that it was working flawlessly before was just a fluke and that it probably shouldn't have been working at all. IT is working on setting up exceptions for me now, and with any degree of luck, it'll work. I'll let you all know what happens.
Again, many thanks.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.