IM "Connection Error"
Similar to another poster, I woke up one morning, turned on my BB, and two things happened:
1. I started receiving multiple (about 50) SMS messages.
2. The device asked me something to the effect of "allow or deny module im_something access?" (I know, this is a terrible recollection of what is probably a critical piece of information.) Basically, the device was going nuts and it was asking me to allow or deny a connection. I denied it.
Now, guess what, my instant messaging fails with a "Connection Error" whenever I try to connect in any medium. I'm using the defaul client from Oz Software. Does anyone know a way I can change whatever setting I impacted in my pre-coffee state?
I have already tried deleting and reinstalling the IM modules OTA.
Thanks for ideas.
I cant seem to use my Im program either today I can go to the net my weather app works but none of my im programs work on my 7520
I'm having the same exact problem...any updates?
Update to IM "Connection Error"
After much guesswork, I solved the problem in the following way:
1. Enter Settings -> Options -> Browser Push
2. Change all the "Auto" settings to "Prompt" (this was for every option that starts with the word "Process")
3. Remove and replace the battery for hard restart
4. Start IM application and manually allow connections as they are requested, including IM receive, IM send, and http access.
There are a number of resources out there that describe in detail how the IM application interfaces with SMS to achieve its function. Basically what happened is that I had IM autostart turned off. Because of network issues, a bunch of queued IM-related SMS messages arrived at my device when I turned it back on the next day, and because the IM application was not running and there to receive them, they just piled up in my message box.
Let me know if this solves the problem...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.