BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Things I miss about my Treo...

Please Login to Remove!

So I really do love my new 8800. But having used a Treo for so many years, there are some things I'm missing after a few weeks with my new baby.

Longer call log - My Treo kept a huge call log - the one on the 8800 is miniscule.

Different rings for "known" versus "unknown" numbers. On my Treo, I could assign a ringtone to blocked numbers.

...and that's actually it. Otherwise, the 8800 rocks.

Any helps to get back the stuff I miss?

David
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Texas and San Francisco
Model: z10
Carrier: att
Posts: 870
Post Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is that all? Use the search button and you can find out how to plug these holes in your BB experience,
__________________
"I never met a man I didn't like."
Will Rogers
Redneck
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Dawgfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 402
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You can turn on the listing of phone calls in the messages folder and see them as far back as you want. In phone options activate call logging for all calls or whatever you want to see.

You can now assign a specific ring to a contact but I am not sure about to unknowns.
__________________
Who's that peekin' in my window?...POW....nobody now.
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinda35
Is that all? Use the search button and you can find out how to plug these holes in your BB experience,
Thank you for your helpful and informative post!

It's users like you that make the forums so great!

David
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan
You can turn on the listing of phone calls in the messages folder and see them as far back as you want. In phone options activate call logging for all calls or whatever you want to see.

You can now assign a specific ring to a contact but I am not sure about to unknowns.
Except I want to keep my "messages" and "calls" separate. The log on the phone screen is great, and in the right place, but it's just not long enough.
Offline  
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Brad00111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: AZ
Model: 8300C
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 307
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilman
Longer call log - My Treo kept a huge call log - the one on the 8800 is miniscule.

I understand your point but is it really that big of a deal? With the ability to assign speed dial numbers to frequently called individuals, and the speed at which you can lookup someone in the address book to make a call (push and hold the green call button and type the first few characters of their name and your there) it seems to me that you would spend more time scrolling through the names and numbers in the call log to place a call than you would using either of these other methods.

Just my opinion though.......
__________________
-Brad

RIM 950 > Nextel 6510 > Nextel 7520 > Cingular 7100 > Cingular 8700 > Cingular 8800 > Cingular 8300
Offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
pdqgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lost in Space
Model: 8800
Carrier: Don't worry about it
Posts: 51
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

As others said, you can fix those two. I came from 2yrs with a 650 Treo and don't miss it one bit.

It crashed 1-2 times per day no matter if it was on the factory OS or upgraded to the latest cingular. It sucked for that.

It was heavy and dated IMO. Very difficult to carry without a case of some type. I also needed to install a third party application to enjoy a good calander and contact mgr.

Man I won't go back to a palm or treo ever again. The best thing about it though was the battery life. 2x that of the 8800, but still no complaints. I can get a full day of heavy use from my 8800. The Treo was better though...1-2 days easy.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilman
So I really do love my new 8800. But having used a Treo for so many years, there are some things I'm missing after a few weeks with my new baby.

Longer call log - My Treo kept a huge call log - the one on the 8800 is miniscule.

Different rings for "known" versus "unknown" numbers. On my Treo, I could assign a ringtone to blocked numbers.

...and that's actually it. Otherwise, the 8800 rocks.

Any helps to get back the stuff I miss?

David
Offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lisle, IL
Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The only thing I miss is the more usable task list on the Treo. I could easily display only due tasks, change priority, and change due date - all from the list view without opening an individual task. I wish the standard BB task list could do that.

Other than that - I don't miss my Treo at all.
__________________
Mark Schulz
8700 on T-Mobile
Offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
BallHawk3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.714
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 828
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

If there Treo left planet earth.

I would not miss it one bit.

In fact I would be celebrating because I would no longer have to deal with Treo issues in my store!
Offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The only thing I miss is the Palm Desktop! Back when I used the Palm, I had the scheduling for everyone of my painters for over 5 years. It was simply great. I hate Outlook and wish RIM had their own PIM option, simular to Palm.
Offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingulaar
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default answer is ToDoMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc
The only thing I miss is the more usable task list on the Treo. I could easily display only due tasks, change priority, and change due date - all from the list view without opening an individual task. I wish the standard BB task list could do that.

Other than that - I don't miss my Treo at all.
Try ToDoMatrix. I have tried most any apparently good ToDo list application, such as several that integrate with MS Outlook task list. I once used Palm and remember it was one of the better ones. ToDoMatrix is blowing all of them away. Upcoming "5D" version promises to be even better.
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default how to access phone logs seperately

Hello dgilma,

In order to access the phone logs seperately from messages, go to messages (any message folder/SMS/MMS...etc) and press "alt" then "p" and the dedicated phone logs folder opens up. Keep in mind that phone logs are only saved for 30 days on the 8800. I hope that helps.

-Bohs
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abohsali
Hello dgilma,

In order to access the phone logs seperately from messages, go to messages (any message folder/SMS/MMS...etc) and press "alt" then "p" and the dedicated phone logs folder opens up. Keep in mind that phone logs are only saved for 30 days on the 8800. I hope that helps.

-Bohs
AWESOME!

Thank you!

David
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.