BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/)
-   -   help! my 7280 won't turn on (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-legacy-device-discussion/722-help-my-7280-wont-turn.html)

plgplg 09-26-2004 09:47 PM

help! my 7280 won't turn on
 
The strangest thing happened. I was using the 7280 in a taxi checking email (battery was full, recently charged), and I put it in my bag for a sec - taxi swerved around and when I brought the BB back out, the screen was totally blank and the red LED notification light was flashing slowly on, then off, then on , then off, etc. I can't turn the BB on!

once I got to my hotel I tried plugging the charged in to the wall and charging... no luck - I tried taking the battery out for 10 min - no luck; I tried a hard-rest - no luck.

What's going on? Did my BB just die?

The screen looks like it does when it is powered off, and the red LED notification light on top of the BB is flashing slowly on (2-3 seconds) then off (2-3 seconds) etc. Can't power up.

Can anyone help? Rogers AT&T BB tech support of course is closed sundays. Nobody ever has technical problems on sundays after all.

thank you,

plgplg 09-27-2004 07:22 AM

tech support has ordered a replacement unit to be shipped within "5-7 business days". apparently I can't walk down the street to a rogers store and get them to replace it - I have to wait 5-7 business days.
What are the chances they will credit my account for the days without service? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Oh the best part is I have to pay $25 for shipping myself... this is part of the 'warranty' agreement with RIM

finch 09-27-2004 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plgplg
tech support has ordered a replacement unit to be shipped within "5-7 business days". apparently I can't walk down the street to a rogers store and get them to replace it - I have to wait 5-7 business days.
What are the chances they will credit my account for the days without service? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Oh the best part is I have to pay $25 for shipping myself... this is part of the 'warranty' agreement with RIM

Demand they credit your account... I did when I had my device swapped out, I've also been credited lessor issues like poor service areas or lack there of.

acnst 09-27-2004 08:01 AM

Re: help! my 7280 won't turn on
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by plgplg
the screen was totally blank and the red LED notification light was flashing slowly on, then off, then on , then off, etc.

This indicates that your Blackberry has lost all its FlashROM content. You could use your computer and reload the OS to the Blackberry using Desktop Manager.

beats1234 02-01-2007 08:26 PM

Same problem, Blackberry LED flashing
 
So my blackberry was being slow this morning. Brickbreaker was freezing for a split second etc. Finally, it froze and a hard boot brought it back. It froze again, but a hard boot resulted in a frozen hourglass. I kept trying to remove the battery and whatnot, until eventually I started getting errors. First was Device Error 144 with a reset (button?). Then I started getting Device Error 365. Then I started getting eeiiEErrrr 66 and various other errors at random. Throughout this process, the LED is acting nuts (on, off, on for 3 seconds, off for 1, flashing twice, off for 10 seconds, etc) In other words, the device's condition deteriorated. When I got home, I plugged it in to the computer and the hardware was ready to use (attempt to reinstall the OS or Javaload wipe).

The final problem: When plugged into the wall, with or without the battery, running on battery alone, or plugged into the computer with or without battery, the screen is blank and the LED is flashing slowly, on for 7 seconds, off for 7. When it's plugged into windows, the USB sound for plug and unplug correspond to the LED light. I tried combinations of battery in and out, plugging and unplugging timings, control panel stuff, etc. I can't get Javaloader (or anything else) to recognize my BB (a Cingular 7290 btw). I keep getting Unable to Open Port. Sometimes the Javaloader app will almost look like it's thinking before it tells me unable to open port, but that's only if the LED is off (and hence unrecognized by windows). As soon as the LED comes back on, javaloader disappoints me again. I've got Blackberry desktop software closed, etc.

PS I have no warranty, an associate of mine gave me hers when she got an 8700. It has worked for a while, but my only guess is that my device didn't like Plazmic Theme thingy (I installed it last night at around midnight). My desktop and bb software are both 4.1. Help?

Thanks for reading!!

dgray8 02-01-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beats1234
So my blackberry was being slow this morning. Brickbreaker was freezing for a split second etc. Finally, it froze and a hard boot brought it back. It froze again, but a hard boot resulted in a frozen hourglass. I kept trying to remove the battery and whatnot, until eventually I started getting errors. First was Device Error 144 with a reset (button?). Then I started getting Device Error 365. Then I started getting eeiiEErrrr 66 and various other errors at random. Throughout this process, the LED is acting nuts (on, off, on for 3 seconds, off for 1, flashing twice, off for 10 seconds, etc) In other words, the device's condition deteriorated. When I got home, I plugged it in to the computer and the hardware was ready to use (attempt to reinstall the OS or Javaload wipe).

The final problem: When plugged into the wall, with or without the battery, running on battery alone, or plugged into the computer with or without battery, the screen is blank and the LED is flashing slowly, on for 7 seconds, off for 7. When it's plugged into windows, the USB sound for plug and unplug correspond to the LED light. I tried combinations of battery in and out, plugging and unplugging timings, control panel stuff, etc. I can't get Javaloader (or anything else) to recognize my BB (a Cingular 7290 btw). I keep getting Unable to Open Port. Sometimes the Javaloader app will almost look like it's thinking before it tells me unable to open port, but that's only if the LED is off (and hence unrecognized by windows). As soon as the LED comes back on, javaloader disappoints me again. I've got Blackberry desktop software closed, etc.

PS I have no warranty, an associate of mine gave me hers when she got an 8700. It has worked for a while, but my only guess is that my device didn't like Plazmic Theme thingy (I installed it last night at around midnight). My desktop and bb software are both 4.1. Help?

Thanks for reading!!

Use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to get rid of the Plazmic Theme and maybe reload handheld software in the process (couldn't hurt).

beats1234 02-01-2007 09:37 PM

I can't get either my mac nor my PC to recognize the blackberry

it's frozen with the screen "Device Error 365 Reset"

but thanks for the response!

dgray8 02-01-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beats1234
I can't get either my mac nor my PC to recognize the blackberry

it's frozen with the screen "Device Error 365 Reset"

but thanks for the response!

beats: i do tech support for many BB's. Bad news: if your BB said JVM 365 then the hardware has failed and device is dead, no way around it.....though if it said Device error instead of JVM....that may be different

I suggest calling your service provider in the morning....if your service provider is Cingular I know we (cingular) have a database that i know the error is in.....probably may have to send you to RIM directly for their Java Loader.

beats1234 02-01-2007 11:48 PM

Mr. Gray

Thanks again for your reply. I'll try calling in the morning. I'm not sure what JVM is; I've definitely been getting Device Errors. I most recently got one called Device Error 43 (or 44?)

But it went off the screen as the LED went also. I've invested around 5 hours in this...I could have bought a new one had I just spent the time handing out flyers (they actually pay pretty well!) or something. Not to mention I have a rough day coming up at work tomorrow.

I actually was able to use application loader to erase data and reinstall the handheld software, but when the program went to initialize the device, I got a fatal exception. Research says that the problem was the fact that the battery wasn't in (I was apparently supposed to toss it in at that step). All this was made possible by my messing around with the cable, battery, USB port settings in control panel, plugging, unplugging, etc. Now I'm back to LED on 7 seconds, off 7 seconds, and can't get it to recognize again. Javaloader hasn't come close to "opening the port". Thanks again for your help,
Beats

dgray8 02-02-2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beats1234
Mr. Gray

Thanks again for your reply. I'll try calling in the morning. I'm not sure what JVM is; I've definitely been getting Device Errors. I most recently got one called Device Error 43 (or 44?)

But it went off the screen as the LED went also. I've invested around 5 hours in this...I could have bought a new one had I just spent the time handing out flyers (they actually pay pretty well!) or something. Not to mention I have a rough day coming up at work tomorrow.

I actually was able to use application loader to erase data and reinstall the handheld software, but when the program went to initialize the device, I got a fatal exception. Research says that the problem was the fact that the battery wasn't in (I was apparently supposed to toss it in at that step). All this was made possible by my messing around with the cable, battery, USB port settings in control panel, plugging, unplugging, etc. Now I'm back to LED on 7 seconds, off 7 seconds, and can't get it to recognize again. Javaloader hasn't come close to "opening the port". Thanks again for your help,
Beats

hey beats: I did some research as much as i could from old posts and most likely Device error 365 is as bad as JVM 365.....hardware failure....just if you want to still feel free to call Cingular in the morning, whoever you get can check our database and tell you for sure. Just wanted to arm you w/ whatever info I could find. And if Cingular's database isn't conclusive the rep can always consult RIM (thats what I did when i had a blackberry earlier tonight w/ JVM 365).

and a little FYI: I'm female.

dgray8 02-02-2007 01:01 PM

Beats: bad news. I am at work now and so I looked up Device Error 365 in the database. Its the same as JVM 365. Your BB is dead. Its time to replace it. I've talked to RIM on that error and there isn't a way to bring it back to life.

beats1234 02-03-2007 06:23 PM

Ms. Gray! So sorry!!

I called Cingular (after Blackberry customer service told me they have to warranty it) and the rep told me that I can get a warranty exchange. I am sending it in on Monday.

Thanks for looking up the error code for me and all your help! I am sticking with the basics when I get the new one. Seems like all that crap I put on there (bblight,instant messenger,rss readers, themes) messed it up. That or just an unlucky coincidence. It totally worked before I put all the software on it. Or maybe Plazmic was the feather that blah blah

Be back soon!

dgray8 02-04-2007 01:33 PM

glad all went well w/ Cingular :)

Gview 02-05-2007 11:48 AM

I have a BB 7290, Friday I get an error on the screen block erase 6 reset. I have removed the battery several times and reset the device, but to no avail. Any ideas?

madhive 05-07-2007 10:59 PM

I have the same problem! PLEASE HELP ME!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.