BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 8703e headset problem

Please Login to Remove!

When using my headset in the car, I am missing calls because the incoming call tone does not ring in the earpiece. If I see the light flashing, I hit answer and the audio comes through fine in the earpiece.

I don't want to depend on "seeing" an incoming call, I want to hear the ring or tone in the headset.

I am using a plantronics hands-free earpiece. Could it be the headset or do I need to activate something in the menu?
Offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
gdpmumin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Carolina
Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 934
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiegal
When using my headset in the car, I am missing calls because the incoming call tone does not ring in the earpiece. If I see the light flashing, I hit answer and the audio comes through fine in the earpiece.

I don't want to depend on "seeing" an incoming call, I want to hear the ring or tone in the headset.

I am using a plantronics hands-free earpiece. Could it be the headset or do I need to activate something in the menu?
Some earpieces don't ring. I found that wierd the first time I came across one and promptly took it back. The Plantronics pieces I've used have all been able to ring, though. Double check the manual, but it's probably just not a feature your earpiece offers.

I have had the best luck with Motorola earpieces. I have an Oakley Razrwire that attaches to sunglasses and a Motorola earpiece that uses a AAA battery for night driving. Both work very well and ring with an incoming call.
__________________
GDPmumin
9630
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
tomcatt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiegal

I am using a plantronics hands-free earpiece. Could it be the headset or do I need to activate something in the menu?
I have the Plantronics 645 Bluetooth and can hear the phone ring in the earpiece. Unsure from your description if you were using bluetooth or wired.
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
dwp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rockville, MD
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.75
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 569
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 paired with my VZW 8703e and when a call comes thru, I get the ringing in my earpiece on every call, otherwise I would miss alot of calls as the ringer volume is not all that loud.
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is a wired Plantronics earpiece which I used with another phone before I got the BB, and it worked fine. That's why I thought it might be the BB and perhaps a setting for the earpiece jack I didn't know about..

Meanwhile, I tried to set up a Bluetooth Motorola H700 with the BB and can't get that to work either.
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
dwp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rockville, MD
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.75
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 569
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiegal
This is a wired Plantronics earpiece which I used with another phone before I got the BB, and it worked fine. That's why I thought it might be the BB and perhaps a setting for the earpiece jack I didn't know about..

Meanwhile, I tried to set up a Bluetooth Motorola H700 with the BB and can't get that to work either.
Is the H700, not pairing? Or not emitting a tone when the phone is ringing?
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It paired fine, the lights are flashing when I turn it on, but it doesn't emit any sound when the phone is ringing and nothing happens when I push the answer button
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just wanted to thank everyone for helping. I took the BB in to tech service and they got the bluetooth headset working, so I chucked the wired headset.
Offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
dwp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rockville, MD
Model: 9530
OS: 4.7.0.75
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 569
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiegal
Just wanted to thank everyone for helping. I took the BB in to tech service and they got the bluetooth headset working, so I chucked the wired headset.
Good to hear, my BT headsets have worked good so far, both the plantronics 510 and the Jabra 250v.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.