Originally Posted by John Clark
There are quite a few threads on this. DON'T get in a hurry! Just leave the battery out for a week or so. Set it on top of your TV or entertainment system. My Surround Sound receiver puts out plenty of heat so somewhere like that would be good. If you're up to taking it apart, that would be the best (and quickest) method. If you really did pull the battery right away, then I see no reason it won't work after you dry it out thoroughly. Good luck!
Why don't you just use a hair dryer to dry it out? Sounds good to me.