BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

View Poll Results: Have you had similar problems with
bbspell 4 26.67%
8800 0 0%
bbspell & 8800 9 60.00%
no response from somedevelopers.com 7 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Michigan
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default bbspell non responsive

Please Login to Remove!

I have been unsuccessful in getting bbspell to work on my 8800. I have also been unsuccessful in getting ANY kind of response from somedevelopers for several weeks.

I see that there are references to a version 2.2 but only find 2.1.

The thesaurus and dictionary work but the spellcheck hangs and deletes my message. Shall I give up on bbspell and try another?
Thanks
RL
Offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 03:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
JerryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.106
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 877
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Although it requires a signal to work, I have BBCorrector working on an 8800 (and an 8700, AND a 7100) with no problems. Sure, I can't spell check in the subway, but it's fast, and FREE! Get it OTA here or Zip file.
__________________
.
.
J

Offline  
Old 04-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 16
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
Although it requires a signal to work, I have BBCorrector working on an 8800 (and an 8700, AND a 7100) with no problems. Sure, I can't spell check in the subway, but it's fast, and FREE! Get it OTA here or Zip file.
I had the same problem...it transferred over from my 7700, sits there as an icon, but doesn't work.
Offline  
Old 04-17-2007, 03:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
lesarmitage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancashire
Model: 9900
OS: LATEST
Carrier: Voda UK (9900+PB)
Posts: 142
Post Thanks: 33
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MSIE 3.02; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertl594
I have been unsuccessful in getting bbspell to work on my 8800. I have also been unsuccessful in getting ANY kind of response from somedevelopers for several weeks.

I see that there are references to a version 2.2 but only find 2.1.

The thesaurus and dictionary work but the spellcheck hangs and deletes my message. Shall I give up on bbspell and try another?
Thanks
RL
Yep. You are quite right. Plenty of complaints on this. I've tried several times to contact the developer and all to n avail apart from couple of notes registering the bug. Bit grim really; particularly since I paid for the software.

In the interim (hopefully that's what it is) I'm using BBcorrector. A free application that is surprisingly good - very good. Stay well.
__________________
:: Les Armitage ::
:: Rufford. West Lancashire. UK. ::
:: @GardnerRiley ::
Offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8800c
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BBSPELL did respond

I bought a 1 yr license for my 8800 and had the problem described by many. BBspell did respond to my email in 3 days with a beta - worked well for me. They said that the new version will be available in a few weeks.
Offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 05:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
chubby_nubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 142
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have been trying to get a hold of Some Developers for about 2 months now, with no answer, I was looking to purchase their product for our BES users . .but they will not return any e mails from me. . .
Offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
TChachra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York, NY
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 74
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Same issue here. I guess they have given up on the product or they just dont need any more customes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby_nubby View Post
I have been trying to get a hold of Some Developers for about 2 months now, with no answer, I was looking to purchase their product for our BES users . .but they will not return any e mails from me. . .
Offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
chubby_nubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 142
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are there any other enterprise spell check software available, that work well? I know most carriers will be offering some soft of spell check for free, but I need something for the older devices we have.
Offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
chubby_nubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 142
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChachra View Post
Same issue here. I guess they have given up on the product or they just dont need any more customes.

I guess thats the case, I was supposed to meet them (Some Developers) at the WES conference, but they did not have a booth .. I wonder what happend
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.