8700 (GSM only) BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199 (English + Chinese)
EDIT : dead link corrected
EDIT2 : updated BLACKBERRY.ALX file to unlock all themes
EDIT 3: Added instructions for installation
1. Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager
2. Donwload this OS and install it to the PC.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (this step is necessary any time an OS is installed from a different carrier than what is branded on the BB.)
4. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
To add the vendor themes with the Blackberry.alx included in the BlackBerry.zip below. This can be done before or after the upgrade. Recommendations are to do it after the installation of the OS.
1. Download and unzip the file below.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\8700-v188.8.131.52_P184.108.40.206
2. Find the Blackberry.alx and rename it Blackberry.old (you can delete the old one but this allows you to restore it easily if necessary)
3. Copy the new Blackberry.alx you unzipped into this same folder where the old Blackberry.alx was.
4. Now connect the BB and run Desktop Manager and open Application Loader. You should see that "core applications" says "upgrade." Finish the installation.
Note: You do not use the "add" feature in Application Loader for this process.
Dead link.. Have to post the prior link...
Dumb Question...Do you need to delete the vendor xml if you are on T-Mobile ? :?
chinese only or international installer?
Anyone tried it yet?
Install it and everything is ok.
Anybody have the jivetalk link, I lost it during the os upgrade process, please send it to
Works perfectly. English is the default language. However, I can now display both simplified and traditional Chinese characters and I can switch input languages from English to either simplified or traditional Chinese to type e-mails in Chinese.
I have the Brazillian 4.2 on my 8700g... if I upgrade to this chinese one, will I benefit? Also will I lose all my installed apps/settings/etc?
anyone know what's new in this version?
edit: Uh it tells me if i want to downgrade my device's system software? Or is this update just for t-mobile users?
edit 2: nevermind i was deleting the wrong .xml file, stupid me
Everything work out fine, cannot duplicate the .mid ringtone error on the earlier 4.2 version, couple custom ringtone cannot play??
So far install BBlight, BBtoday, BBcorrector, google map, beyond411, jivetalk, all working fine with this new OS.
I can't get Opera mini to load. Besides that it has all the themes that the first release was missing and I can't say much more so far.
I had to edit the LBS.alx from
<fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102">
<fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
Notice the ~ it was preventing lbs from being loaded and it was missing a line. It's loaded now and working.
I also edited out the PTT feature because it wouldn't leave my active applications list and I found that quite annoying.
Yea, doesn't seem like opera will work with this build...that's a piss off...
I am actually a customer of Optus - and would very much like to try this - to get it working.
However, I've got an 8707g. There is no version of 4.2 for the 8707g only for the 8700.
I had all sorts of problems trying to get the original 4.2 (in the sticky) to install on the 8707 (in the end it never worked, and so I reverted to 4.1).
Has anyone got 4.2 to work on a 8707?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.