Originally Posted by stac
Blu - do you have instructions about how to safely remove the sides so we don't scratch up our 8800's?
- It takes about 10-30 minutes to remove the side rails. It's actually faster, but first time you are cautious as to not crack the plastic.
- Remove battery cover.
- Remove 4 T5 torx screws.
- Work your fingernail around the edge, you will see the rail pop off the unit. It takes a little time, but once you get a feel for it the rail pops pretty easy.
- Pull the silver control nobs back, and cover in tape (I used scotch tape).
- Sand the rails, 5 minutes, 400-grit paper. Just lightly, but scuff it up to accept the new paint.
- Paint, 10 minutes, two light coats, 3-5 minutes to dry in between.
- Wait 24 hours for paint to dry, then reassembly takes 2-3 minutes.