04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Feb 2005
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Problems finding "modem" on 7290 w/4.0 software
Please Login to Remove!
I have an unlocked Cingular 7290 with the T-Mobile 188.8.131.52 handheld software and the 184.108.40.206 desktop software on the T-Mobile network.
I've read through the FAQs to get the BlackBerry modem to show up, but I can't detect the modem on any of the COM ports. Both the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and Handheld Manager are running.
These are a couple of other hints that may help diagnose my problem:
1) Hardware: IBM Thinkpad T42
2) OS: Windows XP Pro SP2
3) Other modems work okay, e.g. built-in modem, Bluetooth dialup connections
4) Tried installing the modem drivers manually
5) Tried installing the Standard Modem manually for the COM ports
6) Handheld is detected properly in BlackBerry Desktop (for synchronization)
7) Handheld does have a BES server.
I'd appreciate any insight you may have into this.
Thanks in advance.