Originally Posted by Tdaz250
hi, i'm interested in buying a blackberry but i have a regular flip phone right now, since the 8830 has just been brought into public eye, and i've liked the 8800 i figure they have to be very similar, so i was wondering if you guys could answer some questions i had.
1. can you picture message?, my friend has a pearl and he said he cant
2. can you send things over bluetooth, my friend with a pearl also said he cant do that.
3. can you use instant messengers on this phone? once again my friend with a pearl has AIM on his phone, but i was wondering if that also goes for the 8800 series, and can you use other messengers like MSN, i see that it has "blackberry messenger" but i dont really know what it is.
Thanks for you guys that can answer these questions!
1. There are MMS capabilities. Your friend is probably on Cingular which disables MMS from what I understand. You won't have a camera to take pictures with though
2. Some things can be sent, it depends what you are trying to send.
3. BB Messenger is a BB to BB messenger. There are many third party apps for other clients, and googletalk and yahoo are available from RIM. There are AIM and MSN clients on the way, but it's up to carriers to release them.