BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default 8703e and IBM/Lenovo T60

Please Login to Remove!

I've got the tethering option through Verizon, and find that when my laptop (as in the subject, an IBM/Lenovo T60) is running on battery power, I cannot maintain a connection to the internet through my 8703e. The Blackberry periodically disconnects, then attempts to reconnect. Any active sessions I have (ssh, vpn, etc) are terminated.

The whole idea behind BroadBandAccess is internet access where it would otherwise be unavailable, and those same places are usually bereft of AC outlets too . . .

I didn't have this problem with my prior laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5150. Is anyone else tethering with a T60/T60P?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Model: 8703e
Carrier: SaskTel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
I've got the tethering option through Verizon, and find that when my laptop (as in the subject, an IBM/Lenovo T60) is running on battery power, I cannot maintain a connection to the internet through my 8703e. The Blackberry periodically disconnects, then attempts to reconnect. Any active sessions I have (ssh, vpn, etc) are terminated.

The whole idea behind BroadBandAccess is internet access where it would otherwise be unavailable, and those same places are usually bereft of AC outlets too . . .

I didn't have this problem with my prior laptop, a Dell Inspiron 5150. Is anyone else tethering with a T60/T60P?
I think the T60 partially shuts down the USB ports on the laptop when it's on battery power.

Go into device manager and find the USB root hubs down at the bottom and then right-click them, go to the power management tab and uncheck the box that lets it shut down the port to save power.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
I think the T60 partially shuts down the USB ports on the laptop when it's on battery power.

Go into device manager and find the USB root hubs down at the bottom and then right-click them, go to the power management tab and uncheck the box that lets it shut down the port to save power.
Did that already. Should've mentioned it in my original post.

I had the motherboard replaced in the T60 yesterday (don't think I'll be buying any more Lenovo products, but that's another story). I haven't tried my BB with it since, but I'll post my results when I do.
Closed Thread