BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 7100g
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cant open picture attachments

Please Login to Remove!

I have version 4 of the software but still cant open the attached pics in email. I can open word docs. I see the email and it says attachment and the file name but no option to open. can anyone help
Offline  
Old 05-06-2005, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winchester, KY
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlaltdel
I have version 4 of the software but still cant open the attached pics in email. I can open word docs. I see the email and it says attachment and the file name but no option to open. can anyone help

Is the server 4.0 as well? Also, I found that I can only open .jpg attachments and not .jpeg.

Andy
Offline  
Old 05-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 7100g
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default cant open pictures

the server is 3.6. The client is 4.0 i tried .jpg
Offline  
Old 05-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winchester, KY
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlaltdel
the server is 3.6. The client is 4.0 i tried .jpg
Not possitive here, but I think the server needs to be 4.0 as well. My work server is not 4.0 but I've never tried to view a jpg, only on my personal BES. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Andy
Offline  
Old 05-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winchester, KY
Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenzini
Not possitive here, but I think the server needs to be 4.0 as well. My work server is not 4.0 but I've never tried to view a jpg, only on my personal BES. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Andy
Yup, you need a 4.0 server to view jpg attachments. Didn't work on my work server. Sorry.

Andy
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.