BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8700C
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cingular 8700C unlock to Tmobile Help

Please Login to Remove!

I need some help, i got Cingular 8700C unlock how do i upload Tmobile OS to use with. My phone is working perfect but the RIM software is not missing lots of functionality.
Thanks
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
ninjadan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bay, CA
Model: 8700c
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey, I just went through the same thing!

I upgraded my Blackberry OS to 4.2.1.149 and then called t-mobile to switch over to a Blackberry plan.

Once I did that and put the SIM card in my BB, everything worked except the t-zones and email. Turns out, I had to call Cingular and have them release the PIN number from their database so that t-mobile could access it.

Cingular was VERY helpful. Once they released the pin, I logged in to my.t-mobile.com and clicked the link "SET UP BLACKBERRY EMAIL" and everything downloaded to my phone automatically.

Now I have t-zones, email and everything else! :D
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadan View Post
Hey, I just went through the same thing!

I upgraded my Blackberry OS to 4.2.1.149 and then called t-mobile to switch over to a Blackberry plan.

Once I did that and put the SIM card in my BB, everything worked except the t-zones and email. Turns out, I had to call Cingular and have them release the PIN number from their database so that t-mobile could access it.

Cingular was VERY helpful. Once they released the pin, I logged in to my.t-mobile.com and clicked the link "SET UP BLACKBERRY EMAIL" and everything downloaded to my phone automatically.

Now I have t-zones, email and everything else! :D




Question... why are you switching from Cingular/ATT Wireless to T-Mobile? Does T-Mobile have better coverage for you? It's the opposite where I live. I live in the northeast and T-Mobile's coverage kind of blows if you leave the Philadelphia area. I ordered an unlock code with the intent of switching to Cingular/ATT Wireless. Any words of wisdom before I do that? let me know.

-Josh
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
ninjadan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bay, CA
Model: 8700c
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
Question... why are you switching from Cingular/ATT Wireless to T-Mobile? Does T-Mobile have better coverage for you? It's the opposite where I live. I live in the northeast and T-Mobile's coverage kind of blows if you leave the Philadelphia area. I ordered an unlock code with the intent of switching to Cingular/ATT Wireless. Any words of wisdom before I do that? let me know.

-Josh
I hate Cingular. They've screwed up my bill so many times in the last 5 years that I'm tired of paying fees for their mistakes and then fighting with them to get them reversed. T-Mobile have been awesome to me. Their so nice and friendly and I've never had to fight with them once since I switched.
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadan View Post
I hate Cingular. They've screwed up my bill so many times in the last 5 years that I'm tired of paying fees for their mistakes and then fighting with them to get them reversed. T-Mobile have been awesome to me. Their so nice and friendly and I've never had to fight with them once since I switched.


is your T-Mobile data coverage good? mine kind of blows to be honest, so i am thinking of switching to cingular/att wireless. i mean, i get 0 bars at work...but then again, i am direct access to a computer...but if i am paying for a data plan i should be able to use it whenever. any suggestions? should i just bite the bullet and stick with T-Mobile?
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadan View Post
Hey, I just went through the same thing!

I upgraded my Blackberry OS to 4.2.1.149 and then called t-mobile to switch over to a Blackberry plan.

Once I did that and put the SIM card in my BB, everything worked except the t-zones and email. Turns out, I had to call Cingular and have them release the PIN number from their database so that t-mobile could access it.

Cingular was VERY helpful. Once they released the pin, I logged in to my.t-mobile.com and clicked the link "SET UP BLACKBERRY EMAIL" and everything downloaded to my phone automatically.

Now I have t-zones, email and everything else! :D
I unlocked mine from cingular to TMOBILE and I get the white screen of death still havnt firgured out how to get rid of it even after wiping the phone about using every suugestion on this site. bad bad bb.

STRANDID
Offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,035
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
is your T-Mobile data coverage good? mine kind of blows to be honest, so i am thinking of switching to cingular/att wireless. i mean, i get 0 bars at work...but then again, i am direct access to a computer...but if i am paying for a data plan i should be able to use it whenever. any suggestions? should i just bite the bullet and stick with T-Mobile?

I guess the real question is why are you paying for service but not getting it? Do others in your workplace have coverage with other carriers? I'd check it out and see. You could just be a cell "hole". My guess is that it is T-Mo but it would never hurt to check it out first.
Offline  
Old 06-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8700C
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I pay $15.00 to unlock

Man, i wish i knew paying $15.00 to unlock. I could of call Cingular to unlock it. New OS working fine with your BB.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.