Software For BlackBerry 8830 (TM)
BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.124 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 126.96.36.199
- Applications: 188.8.131.52
- Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
- File name: 8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel240_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.168_Bell _Mobility.exe
- File size: 70.01MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download for Bell Mobility Click Here
Download for Sprint Click Here
* Note: This OS *should* fix the calendar sync issue onthe 8830 device since it's later than the list of affected OS's released by RIM. Edit 7/4/2007: While this OS fixes the calendar issues, RIM has released a patch for other OS versions to fix this issue: Click Here
To install this update:
1. Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager
2. Donwload this OS and install it to the PC.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (this step is necessary any time an OS is installed from a different carrier than what is branded on the BB.)
4. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
Edited Blackberry.alx and instructions for unlocking vendor themes for this OS can be found Here