BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8703E
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Verizon Survey

Please Login to Remove!

I received a Verizon Wireless survey via email. I normally don't fill these survey things out, but decided I would this time. It appears to be geared around satisfaction or lack thereof with their "new every two" phone deal and whether or not having to wait 2 years to get a new phone discount should be change. They hinted at chaging it to 18 months and also 12 months. In the last section, I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the lack of discounts offered to existing customers towards new phones and accessories. They treat existing customers like crap, IMHO; offering new customers the world.

If you get the survey, I hope you decide to fill it out to let Verizon Wireless know what matters to you!
Offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 96
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

They already give you an early upgrade discount at a year.

Erik
__________________
Verizon 8830 World Phone {Black} - BIS *Unlocked, thanks VZW*
BB Power Station, HS-655 BT Headset, BB Stereo Headset
http://www.erikcohen.com
Offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Niskayuna NY
Model: 0000
PIN: Ask
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine77 View Post
I received a Verizon Wireless survey via email. I normally don't fill these survey things out, but decided I would this time. It appears to be geared around satisfaction or lack thereof with their "new every two" phone deal and whether or not having to wait 2 years to get a new phone discount should be change. They hinted at chaging it to 18 months and also 12 months. In the last section, I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the lack of discounts offered to existing customers towards new phones and accessories. They treat existing customers like crap, IMHO; offering new customers the world.

If you get the survey, I hope you decide to fill it out to let Verizon Wireless know what matters to you!
I have only been with them for 1 year but I have to say I have been treated very very well. Sure you get people with tudes from time to time but over all I'd say there doing a good job, the tech's are cool, I call the 800 number and get what I called for either , answered or fixed or corrected.

Heck if they wash and wax my Truck I'd be happier , but thats just not going to happen
Offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBB View Post
I have only been with them for 1 year but I have to say I have been treated very very well. Sure you get people with tudes from time to time but over all I'd say there doing a good job, the tech's are cool, I call the 800 number and get what I called for either , answered or fixed or corrected.

Heck if they wash and wax my Truck I'd be happier , but thats just not going to happen
I have never been treated better than i have with Verizon, I am hell on csrs and I have not had to raise my voice once. They have all been knowledgable and courteous every single call. They have even swapped out two phones I bought of Ebay as a warranty swap. I dont know what else to say. The do cripple their phones but I knew that before I went to them becuase I read.
Offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
takeshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Posts: 7,741
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How about mentioning the crippling of devices?
Offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Who cares, if they would have read prior to buying they would have know this like I did. and I still went with them becuase of the superior network. ATT may have fully working devices but if I dont have coverage whats the use right?
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8703E
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So if Verizon said they were going to offer change their "new every 2 year" policy to "new every year" you'd tell them not to do it? Or if they said they were going to make other improvements, you'd say no, leave it as it is?
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
akosnitzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.333
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 14,484
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

My issue is that their tech staff were ill-equipped and ill-prepared to handle the 8830. If it were not for this forum, I would have returned the item.
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine77 View Post
So if Verizon said they were going to offer change their "new every 2 year" policy to "new every year" you'd tell them not to do it? Or if they said they were going to make other improvements, you'd say no, leave it as it is?

what ever they do it is their business practice.
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
akosnitzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.333
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 14,484
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Divine,
I agree with you but Dawg's point is well taken. Capitalism 101. The individual consumer or corporation has a choice. For example, if we resent Verizon for the GPS issue, you have 29 more days left to return your device.
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 0000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

People tend to think that csr dont want to hep the custs bcuz they say no or something similar to that but at the end of the day its only so far they can do with company policy.. Sometimes acting like a fool and clowning with the rep doesnt get things fix

Last edited by Jerome A Franks : 07-01-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 96
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
My issue is that their tech staff were ill-equipped and ill-prepared to handle the 8830. If it were not for this forum, I would have returned the item.
That's with every PDA/Smartphone. They get trained less then a week before a release. It takes 1-2 months for them to really 'learn' the device...it also doesn't help that they usually don't have one in front of them. They have a manual and a virtual device on their PC.

Erik
__________________
Verizon 8830 World Phone {Black} - BIS *Unlocked, thanks VZW*
BB Power Station, HS-655 BT Headset, BB Stereo Headset
http://www.erikcohen.com
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 217
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

In the past three years I've been happy with VZW. With the exception of misleading MMS advertiseing a while back it's all been smooth sailing. I knew I wasn't going to get GPS.

Well.. I guess the only notable exception would be the 8830 launch and lack of ~device~ software availability. Other than that they've been quite good to me. Even when devices died or something nasty was happening I still got what I consider reasonable service from them. -Pk
__________________
http://www.packetknife.com
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Niskayuna NY
Model: 0000
PIN: Ask
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The big deal is Verizon is locking down anything and everything they can. Point blank there playing the big brother deal. Why would you go and rewrite the firmware/software for so many of your phones?

CONTROLLING, just like the US GOVERNMENT. They CAN do IT and GET AWAY with it because its there hardware and there NETWORK.

Either deal with it , OR LEAVE, that is the message there sending, we are going to suck as much money out of YOU, YOUR COMPANY, or whomever we can for the service we provide, and if you don't like it TOUGH.

That is the image that there portraying 200%. No ifs ands or buts

Take it or leave !

I had AT&T/Cingular for years, left because of billing issues, "Double Billing" for months. However the service was FANTASTIC, Verizons EVDO is still substandard you would never know the difference unless you were tethering.
Like the Sprint and AT&T add goes . Put all 3 together identical equipment which is portrayed on the Sprint/AT&T and location and go for it.

Sit back and take a good hard look.

Its good the people like either or companies, but just remember in the end

Its what makes you happy and not some cheesy advertisement about the "network" or "Fewest Dropped Calls".

What works for me may NOT work you. In the end we should all get our dollars worth and the public is starting to become a whole hell of allot more demanding on the services there paying for .
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 84
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine77 View Post
I received a Verizon Wireless survey via email. I normally don't fill these survey things out, but decided I would this time. It appears to be geared around satisfaction or lack thereof with their "new every two" phone deal and whether or not having to wait 2 years to get a new phone discount should be change. They hinted at chaging it to 18 months and also 12 months. In the last section, I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the lack of discounts offered to existing customers towards new phones and accessories. They treat existing customers like crap, IMHO; offering new customers the world.

If you get the survey, I hope you decide to fill it out to let Verizon Wireless know what matters to you!
I got the survey a few days ago and like you I gave them my honest opinion and showed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and their crppling of the 8830 GPS. I am a long time Verizon subscriber and have noticed a definite decline in their customer service over the last year or two. This survey went beyond just the new every two program, I think they may be getting the message that there is a problem with how they are treating their existing customer base versus new customers. This is a modern company with some of the best marketing managers there are so they must realize that they can't afford to lose their core customer base.

For those of you who have always received excellent customer support you are very lucky. As some have said the CSRs I have dealt with are ussually polite and try to help me but that does nothing to increase my satisfaction with VZW when they can't give me what I want due to company policies. When people complain about poor customer service I believe most of the time it is not the CSR that is the cause but the company policy the CSR must adhere to which leaves the customer dissatisfied when they didn't get what they wanted.

As to professional technical support as it applies to PDA phones I find it hard to believe that anyone with real problems has gotten consistently good assistance. My experience has been that they don't know anything about the phones and if your problem is not in their troubleshooting guide you are out of luck. To make matters worse a large percentage of them will have you doing things to your phone that are at best useless and at times harmful to your data.
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperet View Post
I got the survey a few days ago and like you I gave them my honest opinion and showed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and their crppling of the 8830 GPS. I am a long time Verizon subscriber and have noticed a definite decline in their customer service over the last year or two. This survey went beyond just the new every two program, I think they may be getting the message that there is a problem with how they are treating their existing customer base versus new customers. This is a modern company with some of the best marketing managers there are so they must realize that they can't afford to lose their core customer base.

For those of you who have always received excellent customer support you are very lucky. As some have said the CSRs I have dealt with are ussually polite and try to help me but that does nothing to increase my satisfaction with VZW when they can't give me what I want due to company policies. When people complain about poor customer service I believe most of the time it is not the CSR that is the cause but the company policy the CSR must adhere to which leaves the customer dissatisfied when they didn't get what they wanted.

As to professional technical support as it applies to PDA phones I find it hard to believe that anyone with real problems has gotten consistently good assistance. My experience has been that they don't know anything about the phones and if your problem is not in their troubleshooting guide you are out of luck. To make matters worse a large percentage of them will have you doing things to your phone that are at best useless and at times harmful to your data.

agreed. either they will make you do *228, battery pull, or software update, etc. if that doesn't fix the problem, be ready for an uphill battle. getting your issue escaladed to a point where the person dealing with you actually has the knowledge to fix your problem...well that is very tricky. chances are you will stuck with a service request number for atleast a week, without any movement whats-so-ever.

i just LOVE it how Verizon tier 1 level CSR's will have you do *228 to fix every problem...what a bunch of BS'ers. someone should teach the tier 1 staff that a *228 will RARELY fix the problem, and the only types of problems that it will fix are connection issues. you can have a really old PRL version and everything will work perfectly fine for you almost everywhere. VERY VERY rarely will an old PRL actually be the cause of the problem.

oh verizon...if you didn't have such good coverage i would have dropped you guys a long long time ago haha
Offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
akosnitzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.333
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 14,484
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I was trying to call sales and was misdirected to tech. The level 1 answered by saying, "I apologize for the problem." We are dealing with robots. As I said previously, if it were not for this "learning community" we have at BBF, I would have had to returned the device.
Offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 07:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
I was trying to call sales and was misdirected to tech. The level 1 answered by saying, "I apologize for the problem." We are dealing with robots. As I said previously, if it were not for this "learning community" we have at BBF, I would have had to returned the device.
when I first call I always say I have a blackberry and they always esculate mine right away. I would imagine also it depends on the call center you get sent to as well. Some are quite better than others.

But bottom line if you dont like it there are other companys out there but the grass isnt always greener.
Offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
003402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado Foothills
Model: 8330
PIN: S AND NEEDLES
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 1,098
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
when I first call I always say I have a blackberry and they always esculate mine right away. I would imagine also it depends on the call center you get sent to as well. Some are quite better than others.

But bottom line if you dont like it there are other companys out there but the grass isnt always greener.
For VZW BB support, I typically call a different number for data services tech support, so I don't have to go through the VZW main help line.

As for the service, this is a free market economy. If VZW does not provide its customers with what it wants (reasonably), it will simply go out of business. Not likely, but a possibility. As Dawg says, there are plenty of other businesses out there more than happy to take your money.

I have been with VZW since the advent of cell phones. Sure, you can get better prices, but my main reason that I go with them is stability. They have always been there and continue to be solid.
__________________
"out of chaos comes opportunity"
Offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,963
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003402 View Post
For VZW BB support, I typically call a different number for data services tech support, so I don't have to go through the VZW main help line.

As for the service, this is a free market economy. If VZW does not provide its customers with what it wants (reasonably), it will simply go out of business. Not likely, but a possibility. As Dawg says, there are plenty of other businesses out there more than happy to take your money.

I have been with VZW since the advent of cell phones. Sure, you can get better prices, but my main reason that I go with them is stability. They have always been there and continue to be solid.
right on right on.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.