Below is the problem I had during couples of days. 1. Environment:
Model : Blackberry 8707v
Carrier : Vodafone (SFR services)
Wireless network : 3G or GPRS 2. Symptom :
At start-up, the blackberry 8707v displays a pop-up with the following message "Uncaught Exception: Java.lang.illegalstateException"
AND the Browser is not working
. The browser icon is still there but without any answer. Some other icons such as "Google Talk" or the "email setup" just vanished. 3. Homework :
1. Call the carrier (they don't even know what is a Service Book…)
2. Through the BIS account, resend the service book many times
3. In Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/ I click the thumbwheel and then select Register (many times)
4. Upgrade Desktop Manager to v4.2 without wiping the terminal
5. Backup my data then wipe the terminal with John Clark's good advices
and the OS list there
After that, I could still use the 8707v with email but still no data. 4. Solution :
Finally, I found out on Pinstack.com forums the following solution. I share it here since I could not find it at first :
1. Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings
2. Set Content Protection to Disabled
3. Reboot the Blackberry
After applying the above, the "Uncaught Exception..." message disappeared and the browser was working again properly.
Besides, after that I activated again the Content Protection and no more messages yet.
Hope this help.