Originally Posted by ma077146
You posted yesterday around 4:00pm that you ordered, and prior to the timestamp on my reply it's in your hands. That's pretty good.
I know, I was a bit amazed that it got here as fast as it did!
Got it set up and running with most of my programs. The biggest deal was swapping numbers between the new 8830 and my old 8703, but after a few hours, Sprint was able to provision the new device. I had to sweet talk our IT department to let me back on to the BES as just a couple of weeks ago a new security policy was set in place blocking any privately purchased BBs from our network. So, all in all, I'm good to go.
A few observations (most have been observed on other variants of the 88xx):
1. The battery cover is very hard to remove (imagine that!)
2. No creaking sides, not yet at least
3. Speaker volume on some ringers is very low
4. Weak vibration
5. Keyboard is fine, not any better or worse than the 8703
6. Keyboard backlight is white, not blue like VZW's 8830 - very legible in low light conditions
7. Beautiful screen
8. Has a good heft to it (not sure if the two radio antennae make it heavier than the it's GSM-only brethren)
9. TeleNav 4.7 loads without any error, but I haven't tried it yet. This is the 8703 version. I may hold off until the proper version is released.
Well, so far, so good. I'm pretty happy so far.