07-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | How to setup Bluetooth DUN on Sprint 8830
Please Login to Remove!
1. First make sure that you can sync via BT through Desktop manager and that you have the latest version (mine is 126.96.36.199). If you can't sync via BT then search the forums as there are numerous posts on that.
2. Desktop Manager doesn't have to be running but I think Device Manager does so I let Device Manager start and run in the background upon boot up. There is an option in Device Manager to start it on system startup.
3. Once BT is successfully paired with your comp and syncing, open Network Connections and select File...New connection. When the Wizard starts select "connect to internet" then "set up manually" then "conect using dial up modem."
4. Once this is selected, in the list of modems you should find a modem that says something like "Standard Modem over Bluetooth Link" - select this and type in what you want to call it.
5. The phone number is #777
6. Leave the user name and password blank, uncheck the "make this the default connection" box (unless this is your default connection of course).
7. Check the "Add a shortcut" box if you want then when the dialog box comes up select properties...options
8. Uncheck the prompt for username and password boxes. I set the redial to 3 attempts, 5 seconds, and 10 minute idle.
9. Go to the "General" tab and click "Configure", under maximum speed select 921600 and uncheck any "hardware features."
10. Click OK and it should dial and a status icon should show up in the tray, you can click it to see that it is up and sending/receiving data.