EDIT - POTENTIAL ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM **** ACCIDENTAL THREAD CREATION - ADMIN PLEASE MOVE TO FOLLOWING THREAD http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ges-alert.html
Great to have found this FORUM!
Long time BB user went from 7250 to 8830 and love it. Had some minor issues that were fixed with software upgrade (keytones would never go off even if selected). BUT ... having an issue with the indicator sounds for my many POP email accounts.
(1) Using BIS with Verizon and have a "default" account that works fine.
(2) Added two more POP accounts that test and work fine.
(3) For POP1 - I set up profile / tone for that one account
(4) For POP2 - I set up a DIFFERENT profile tone for that acct
(5) For DEFAULT - I set up ANOTHER DIFFERENT profile tone for acct
This allows me to hear the alert to know which account the email is coming from while I'm busy. GREAT FEATURE!
POP2 and DEFAULT account profiles are ALWAYS the same. If I change the tone for ONE account ... it AUTOMATICALLY does the same for the OTHER.
If I select TONE1 for default acct, the BBerry ALSO changes the tone for POP2 acct.
In other words I'm not able to create a different alert tone for the DEFAULT and the POP2 acct.
Now ... not sure if this is some kind of "holdover" from my 7250 days. You see I used the 4.2 desktop software to "change devices" to bring over emails, address books and the like. I had the three email accounts on that old phone (and that old phone didn't have different alert tones for different email accounts). AFTER that migration I DID do the recent upgrade of the device software just so you know.
I have tried:
(1) Deleting the accounts ... ALL of them from the device / BIS
(2) REinstalling the accounts ...
(3) But no matter what ... POP2 and DEFAULT will always be the same alert tone. If I change it on one, it changes the other.
THE POP1 account allows all kinds of changes and are not influenced but the other POP2 and DEFAULT accounts.
Ideas? I'm confused even writing this HAHAH!