BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: 3015FD4A
Carrier: TELUS
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannot receive mail (G-mail)

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I have an 8703e from TELUS and cannot receive mail through my g-mail account on the device. The problem is exclusive to sending e-mail via g-mail as I can send e-mail through the g-mail account, I can forward my g-mail to my telus.blackberry.net account and that works perfectly. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this? I am running through BIS and have checked the settings and everything appears to be okay.

Thanks!
Offline  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkal View Post
Hello, I have an 8703e from TELUS and cannot receive mail through my g-mail account on the device. The problem is exclusive to sending e-mail via g-mail as I can send e-mail through the g-mail account, I can forward my g-mail to my telus.blackberry.net account and that works perfectly. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this? I am running through BIS and have checked the settings and everything appears to be okay.

Thanks!

did you enable POP access on your Gmail Account?
Offline  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: 3015FD4A
Carrier: TELUS
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, yes POP is enabled.

Also, I did receive the RIM activation e-mail in my gmail account, but nothing since.
Offline  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkal View Post
Hi, yes POP is enabled.

Also, I did receive the RIM activation e-mail in my gmail account, but nothing since.

try sending the service books again
Offline  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: 3015FD4A
Carrier: TELUS
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I sent the service books a couple of times, I get the message saying I am registered but still no e-mail.
Offline  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 834
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkal View Post
I sent the service books a couple of times, I get the message saying I am registered but still no e-mail.
ok. go into your BIS account and delete all of your email accounts. wait a few mins, then re-add them. see if that fixes it
Offline  
Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: 3015FD4A
Carrier: TELUS
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Still doesn't work.

No idea what I am doing wrong.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.