Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u
Did the suggestions work? It helps all members when they know if a proposed solution works and besides it gives the members who took the time to share a little satisfaction that their advice helped or a chance to further assist if it didn't!
About a month after I got my, then, new 8800, the trackball stopped working. From having previously worked in the computer service business, I knew that trackballs are particularly susceptable to having debris find its way onto the rollers, down inside the trackball assembly. So, I tried the trick of depressing the trackball, while rolling it every which way, in hopes of dislodging whatever was hanging my trackball mechanism up.
To my delight, it wasn't long before a surprisingly large piece of debris got spit out of the opening around the ball. The trackball has worked perfectly, ever since.