Originally Posted by ng12
Yeah, you are right. Also i need to install it on any server other than Exchange server, as O2 Blackberry Support told me.
Anyways, i will try it & give update here.
Thanks for your help.
Just an update as it seems to be working for me now.
Things to remember that i found can be BIG MISTAKES:
1. DO NOT EVER install Blackberry Enterprise Server(BES) server on Exchange Server. In other words, install it on any server other than Exchange server.
2. Always login as 'BESadmin' user on this (other) BES server. Note: DO NOT install it under any other login such as Administrator or Else.
3. Configure your firewall to allow outbound-initiated bi-directional (established) TCP traffic on port 3101 from your BES to srp.ca.blackberry.net
Note: '.ca' is for Canada. Please select your own country/region code.
4. If you are connecting to an Exchange 2000 or 2003 Server, install Exchange 2000 or 2003 System Manager (ESM) onto BES server
and then apply the same service pack that is on the Exchange box. Note: Make sure to login as BESadmin user login credentials.
5. Make 'BESadmin' user account as 'Member Of' 'Administrators' on BES server.
Steps that worked for me: Control Panel -> system -> Advanced tab -> Profiles -> Create New -> Groups -> 'Administrators' on right pane -> 'Members' -> Add -> Besadmin user name @ your exchange server. -> Apply -> ok -> ok.
Note: If you will not do this, it can give you Access Denied or some other security related voilation error message.
6. Copy CDO.DLL from the Exchange Service Pack CD media to the c:\winnt\system32 directory on the BES.
7. Microsoft Outlook must NOT be installed. If it has been installed it MUST be removed compltely. [Note: Dont confuse with Outlook Express, as it will be still be there]
8. BES Admin Account and Exchange Mailbox Creation:
The BES requires a dedicated domain user account and associated mailbox to be created on your Domain using the following guidelines. It is very important that you adhere to the spelling and case.
Also, follow actual steps from BlackBerry
video installation guide.