Originally Posted by hitty
Just a recap on how to view (not write) emails in Japanese on any BB, since I get so many private messages about it.
After you install any firmware that ends in CJK (e.g 8707CJK.4.x.x.x), copy the net_rim_font_japanese.cod file from the Java folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8707 firmware\Java
and place it on your desktop.
Then use Javaloader to install it on to any BlackBerry. You can find Javaloader by simply doing a search for it in this forum.
After installing the Javaloader, follow these steps to install the Japanese language font on to any BlackBerry:
1. Connect the device to the computer and start Desktop Manager.
2. Ensure Desktop Manager has a "Connected" status.
3. Click Run and type cmd and press Return
4. type cd desktop and press Return
5. type javaloader -u load net_rim_font_japanese.cod and press Return
6. You will then see the file being loaded on to the device.
7. The device will then reboot and have the Japanese language file installed.
I've tested this and works fine on any BB
Fantastic, thanks Hitty, you're a star...
I tried this on my 8800 (v4.5 OS). Worked perfectly!
I struggled a bit to find the firmware you mentioned...
Found it on this page:
The link on that page is:
It unzips to 8707hCJK_PBr4.2.2_rel377_PL18.104.22.168_A22.214.171.124.exe
Good luck all!