BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Caller ID

Please Login to Remove!

Why does my caller ID come up private to other cell phones and not my name or number?
Offline  
Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Go to Phone > Options > General Options and check the "Restrict My Identity" parameter. If it is set to On, then your number will show as private.
Offline  
Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
Go to Phone > Options > General Options and check the "Restrict My Identity" parameter. If it is set to On, then your number will show as private.
I have a BB8800 and there is no "general options" in the menu. Any ideas where to find this?
Offline  
Old 08-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry B Boy
 
jeremyckitching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.415
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Posts: 4,243
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry, forgot your device is different. This is from the T-Mobile support site:

Enabling caller ID

To enable caller ID, perform the following steps:

1. At the Home screen, press the Menu key.


2. Scroll to the Call Log icon and click the trackball.


3. Press the Menu key.


4. Scroll to Options and click the trackball.


5. At General Options, click the trackball.


6. Scroll the Restrict My Identity and click the trackball.


7. Scroll to Off and click the trackball.


8. Press the Menu key.


9. Scroll to Save and click the trackball.

Last edited by jeremyckitching : 08-29-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Offline  
Old 08-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: Z30
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,920
Post Thanks: 61
Thanked 255 Times in 184 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
I have a BB8800 and there is no "general options" in the menu. Any ideas where to find this?

Yes there is, just as Jeremy described. If you don't see it, you are not looking in the correct place UNDER Phone Dialer > Options.
Offline  
Old 08-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2007
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
Sorry, forgot your device is different. This is from the T-Mobile support site:

Enabling caller ID

To enable caller ID, perform the following steps:

1. At the Home screen, press the Menu key.


2. Scroll to the Call Log icon and click the trackball.


3. Press the Menu key.


4. Scroll to Options and click the trackball.


5. At General Options, click the trackball.


6. Scroll the Restrict My Identity and click the trackball.


7. Scroll to Off and click the trackball.


8. Press the Menu key.


9. Scroll to Save and click the trackball.
Thank you, I know know where to find this "general options" menu. It works fine.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Polycom IP 335 VoIP SIP Phone Telephone PoE (2200-12375-025)
$49.99
Polycom IP 335 VoIP SIP Phone Telephone PoE (2200-12375-025) pictureAudiocodes Mediant 2000 SS7 16 Spans 16E1 16T1, SIP , MGCP, MEGACO gateway voip
$5926.4
Audiocodes Mediant 2000  SS7 16 Spans 16E1 16T1, SIP , MGCP, MEGACO gateway voip picturePolycom SoundPoint IP 550 VOIP IP Business Phone 2201-12550-001
$29.95
Polycom SoundPoint IP 550 VOIP IP Business Phone 2201-12550-001 pictureLot of 10 Cisco CP-7965G VoIP IP Phone Telephone - Used**
$819.0
Lot of 10 Cisco CP-7965G VoIP IP Phone Telephone - Used** picturePolycom IP7000 IP 7000 VoIP IP PoE Conference Phone #EFA4Fc
$252.0
Polycom IP7000 IP 7000 VoIP IP PoE Conference Phone #EFA4Fc picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.