I had contacted Alltel a couple of months ago on how to use my 8703e as a tethered modem and the tech replied to me by saying it was disabled and that maybe in the future they would allow it if network conditions allowed it.
Well, thanks to another member here.. Here's how to enabled it:
- Enter ##000000 and hit the Enter key.
- Scroll down to MIP User ID, and change it to say: test
- Save it and your BB will reset. After that you should be able to use it as a modem provided you setup your computer properly (instructions here)
- On your dial-up connection the phone number to dial is: #777
- The username is your 10 digit number @alltel.net, ex:
- Password is left blank (no password)
My cable modem is down right now and I'm using my BB to post this message